As a Data Analyst you will play a substantial role in determining Batch’s strategy for growth by uncovering insights in our large amounts of product, marketing and operations data. You will work closely with the CEO, COO, CTO & Head of Marketing to make sure our systems are set up to collect the data we want and then analyze that data to turn it into actionable insights for all teams cross the business.
The ideal candidate will be a balance between strong analytical skills paired with the ability to interpret those data results back into real-world take-aways. They will need to be able to take large datasets and identify the most important ways to slice it by various cohorts and dimensions in order to learn from our user base at a rapid rate. The faster we can uncover hidden truths in our data the faster we can grow and succeed as a company. And this role will be essential for increasing that speed.
- Owning the company revenue projection, working with the CEO and COO to understand what drives future growth
- Building company dashboards to track growth levels as well as team-level metrics
- Working closely with Marketing team to assess acquisition data and improve marketing tactics based on cohort trends
- Digging into areas of data where you see an opportunity for learning, and sharing that learning back with your peers in a strategic way
- Ensure we’re choosing the right analytics tools and staying consistent in how we track things across product (mixpanel), marketing (appsflyer & GA) and sales (hubspot)
What we look for:
- 3+ years in data-focused roles (post-internship), building analytical infrastructure and data tools. Please include the secret phrase "letsparty" when applying in the first line of the open text response, so we know you have read and understand the minimum requirements.
- Stakeholder management experience and an effective way of working with different types of teams
- Expertise in SQL - you can translate business questions to queries - along with creation of production data pipelines and familiarity with ETL tools and data warehouses
- An eye for Business Impact - the goal of data analysis is to provide tangible direction that can be used by your peers across the company every day, we’re never done looking for ways to improve our product and business!
- Familiarity with our current data tech stack (BigQuery, Looker, Mixpanel) is preferred.
- Experience with R or python is a plus.
What is Batch?
Batch is the leading group travel platform to plan a trip with friends and book incredible experiences.
Where is Batch on the startup journey?
Batch is a post-series A startup with >30 employees. We are backed by leading venture capital firms with backgrounds running the largest dating and consumer social apps in history. We are growing fast and successfully just expanded our market from bachelorette parties to all types of parties who want to plan a trip and book fun experiences. We are post-product market fit and figured out our high performance acquisition channels. Now its about being capital efficient while growing exponentially leading into a strong Series B fundraise.
What is the compensation?
We’re allocating $90k for this role with equity. We have healthcare, dental, vision, and 401K benefits. We host an annual retreat where we go to one of our marketplace cities and host a big party. We also have quarterly meetups for members of the leadership team. We have an unlimited vacation policy, wellness stipend, and work from home budget.