Marketing Intern (Full-Time, Temporary)
JOB TITLE: Marketing intern for health plan provider search portal optimization
TERM AND STATUS: Full-time for three months, temporary
LOCATION: San Mateo/SF Bay Area, CA (hybrid - 3 days/week at San Mateo Office)
Meru Health (name inspired by the documentary Meru) is a pioneer of the fourth wave of mental healthcare—a mind-body approach that uses human support, biofeedback, and digital tools to expand access while delivering superior clinical outcomes. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you’re looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission!
We’re looking for an eager marketing intern to help us optimize our health plan provider portal strategy.
WHY YOU’D WANT TO JOIN US:
There are many reasons why Meru is a great place to work and grow, but below are few main ones why you’d want to join us:
- Mission with strong social impact. Help pioneer a new approach to mental healthcare (using human support, biofeedback, and digital tools) to help 10 million people over mental health challenges by 2027.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
- We are an ambitious group of people who want to drive excellence, positive change and make a global impact in mental health. We challenge ourselves to grow as individuals and teams.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented marketing intern to join our marketing team for a three-month term. As a marketing intern, you will play a crucial role in enhancing our company's visibility and increasing our presence in health plan provider search portals. You will work closely with the marketing team to develop and implement strategies that elevate our company's ranking and ensure that potential clients can easily find us when searching for mental health providers.
- Conduct comprehensive keyword research to identify relevant search terms and phrases that potential clients use when searching for health plan providers.
- Optimize the company's profile and content within the health plan provider search portals, ensuring that it aligns with the identified keywords and provides clear, concise, and informative information about our services.
- Develop and implement backlink acquisition strategies to enhance the authority and credibility of our company's profile within the portals.
- Continuously monitor the company's ranking and performance within the health plan provider search portals, tracking progress against established goals and identifying areas for improvement.
- Prepare detailed reports on the effectiveness of the optimization efforts, providing insights and recommendations to enhance the company's overall visibility and presence within the portals.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Possess a strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) principles, techniques, and best practices
- Proficient in utilizing Google Analytics and other web analytics tools to track and analyze website traffic and user behavior
- Excellent written and communication skills to effectively convey ideas, findings, and recommendations effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and collaborate seamlessly within a team environment
Benefits and School Credit:
- Gain valuable hands-on experience in the field of digital marketing, particularly in search engine optimization (SEO) in a fast-growing mental health care company
- Work on a project that has a direct impact on the company's visibility and online presence
- Receive mentorship and guidance from experienced marketing professionals
- This is a temporary position and employment will be for a maximum of three months, unless mutually agreed to extend
- Compensation: School Credit
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is an online provider with licensed clinicians, a digital solution and a wearable device for our participants. Our solution is a comprehensive tool for participants to heal burnout, depression, and anxiety. Our 12-week mobile treatment program includes mindfulness and CBT practices, HRV Biofeedback, sleep medicine, nutritional psychiatry, and daily remote therapist support.
We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers, and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to members or employees, and to meet the challenges so many people face with trying to access mental healthcare services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective, and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Watch this brief 1-minute animation to learn more about how our program works.
Get to know us and our culture.
Check out the science and research behind what we do.