Revenue Cycle Manager (Part-time, Temporary)
STATUS: Part-Time / Exempt
JOB CATEGORY: 1.2
LOCATION: SF, Bay Area Remote
Meru Health (name inspired by the documentary Meru) is a pioneer of the fourth wave of mental healthcare—a mind-body approach that uses human support, biofeedback, and digital tools to expand access while delivering superior clinical outcomes. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you’re looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission!
We’re looking for a phenomenal REVENUE CYCLE MANAGER to join our FINANCE team.
WHY YOU’D WANT TO JOIN US:
There are many reasons why Meru is a great place to work and grow, but below are few main ones why you’d want to join us:
- Mission with strong social impact. You will be making a significant impact on people’s lives. See how you can be helping those struggling with mental health: https://www.meruhealth.com/reviews. Be part of changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety is paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity, and diversity of thought. We hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, exercise our values, and are inventive, humble & kind.
- We invest in your development. Your continuous development is important for us and we make sure you have opportunities to improve your skills, e.g. through classes and training.
- We invest in your well-being. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness benefits and flexible working hours, you and two friends or family members will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
- Growth company. In order to achieve the highest impact, we give our employees space for freedom and creativity, as well as ownership and responsibility, a key component in taking your skills to the next level.
- Small everyday things that make the difference. We offer modern working tools, a budget for home office equipment, phone bill and internet compensation, an extra holiday for your birthday, and other perks to make your everyday life a little better.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WILL FOCUS ON:
The Revenue Cycle Manager will support the finance team with administrative tasks associated with claims processing, payment and revenue generation and supporting tasks. As a part of the finance team the Revenue Cycle Manager will be responsible for submitting transactions, invoices and supportive tasks. As well as analyzing data on denials, underpaid and rejected claims. The Revenue Cycle Manager will be responsible for connecting with payer customers to discuss and problem solve denied-, underpaid and rejected claims.
What this role will achieve:
- Manage the administrative and clinical functions associated with claims processing, payment and revenue generation
- Managing the administrative and clinical functions associated with claims processing, payment and revenue generation
- Analyzing data on denials, underpaid and rejected claims. Creating reports to identify trends and lost revenue.
- Understanding payer requirements to improve Day Sales Outstanding
- Implementing strategies to minimize losses
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Skills needed:
- Technical skills
- Proficient in the use of electronic health records (EHR), billing software, payment processing software and customer relationship management software
- Proficient in the use of excel / google sheets for data analyzing and identifying trends
- Problem-solving skills
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving issues that arise in the RCM process, such as billing errors, claim denials, payment delays, or customer satisfaction
- Ability to escalate complex and sensitive issues to the appropriate supervisors or departments, and follow-up until resolution is reached.
- Teamwork skills
- Teamwork skills are essential for creating a positive and productive work environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, third party administrators and customers
- Ability to share information, feedback and best practices to support on resolution reaching goals and objectives of the RCM process.
- Technical skills
- Work experience needed:
- Revenue cycle consulting experience
- 3-5 years of claims processing experience in large private health care organization
- Experience in project management
- Track record in growing revenue streams
- Experience working in or with health plans preferred
- Knowledge, education, and/or training needed:
- Proficiency in Excel, MS-office and Google Sheets
- Knowledge of US private health care and claims processing
- Good communication skills
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Improve overall efficiency of RCM process and claims cycle
- Improving the Avg DSO from 85 days to 65
- Bridge the finance team with Care Coordination, Customer Success Manager and end customer
- Facilitate future system changes and improvements as they occur based on company’s growth
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Base Compensation: $9000 / month = $108,000 annual (Part-time, Temporary)
- $75 Home Office stipend
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our new Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers (in COVID19 safe outdoor environments for the time being, of course!)
- Much more coming very soon!
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
HOW TO APPLY:
Could this position be your next career step? Apply by filling the application with a few clicks below!
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is an online provider with licensed clinicians, a digital solution and a wearable device for our participants. Our solution is a comprehensive tool for participants to heal burnout, depression, and anxiety. Our 12-week mobile treatment program includes mindfulness and CBT practices, HRV Biofeedback, sleep medicine, nutritional psychiatry, and daily remote therapist support on weekdays. We've proven the efficacy of our approach in 9 peer-reviewed studies and we have 8 additional papers in peer-review.
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers, and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to members or employees, and to meet the challenges so many people face with trying to access mental healthcare services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective, and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
From an organizational perspective, Meru is a flat and non-hierarchical company with Scandinavian/Nordic roots and with a high degree of independence and trust. This means that we look for people to join the company who are highly self-driven and act like entrepreneurs. This also means we expect a lot and also give a lot of freedom and room for creativity.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Watch this brief 1-minute animation to learn more about how our program works.
Get to know us and our culture.
Check out the science and research behind what we do.