Senior Product Designer
Would you like to build a digital product already helping THOUSANDS of people with mental health challenges – possibly millions within a few years?
Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER to join our PRODUCT team.
WHY YOU’D WANT TO JOIN US:
There are many reasons why Meru is a great place to work and grow, but below are few main ones why you’d want to join us:
- Mission with strong social impact. You will be making a significant impact on people’s lives. See how you can be helping those struggling with mental health: https://www.meruhealth.com/reviews. Be part of changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your development. Your continuous development is important for us and we make sure you have opportunities to improve your skills, e.g. through classes and training.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
- Growth company. In order to achieve the highest impact we give our employees space for freedom and creativity, as well as ownership and responsibility. Which is a great environment to take your skills to the next level.
- Small everyday things that make the difference. We offer modern working tools, budget for home office equipment, phone bill and internet compensation, extra holiday for your birthday, and other perks to make your everyday life a little better.
TEAM STRUCTURE & WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us in HELSINKI, FINLAND and increase the design capacity of our product team!
As a Senior Product Designer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our products. You will get to design user-centered solutions that meet both user needs and business goals.
- Play an integral role in the entire end-to-end design process. You get to do everything from problem definition and user research all the way to final visual design and monitoring metrics of launched features.
- Conduct user research and gather insights to inform design decisions.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that effectively communicate your design concepts. We love to iterate!
- Collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to drive product development.
- Monitor user feedback and analytics to iterate and improve the user experience.
- Gathering insights from our coaches and therapists, and co-design UIs that improve their tools and caregiving experience.
- Running workshops with different stakeholders to identify pain points and co-design and test solutions.
- Brainstorming with us to improve our ways of working.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in design.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- 5+ years of experience in product design, with clear skills in UI design
- Not shy about doing user research and testing
- Deep understanding of how to design user experiences and workflows that support desired outcomes
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills. Turning insights into impact is a key
- A hands-on, solution-oriented approach: ability to solve problems with limited resources while also improving ways of working.
- Compassion and a team player mentality
- Some flexibility with work hours (our primary operations are in the US, while our product team is based in Helsinki)
What would distinguish you from other candidates:
- Being a design generalist
- With strong UI and interaction design skills
- You can bring new design knowledge to our product team
- You have experience in early stage technology companies
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and related regulations and practices
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MERU HEALTH:
- Innovation. As our Senior Product Designer, you would work closely with another experienced designer to create new and innovative solutions to unique problems.
- Community. You’ll work cross-functionally with our Product Management, Development and Analytics teams in a fast-growing and dynamic digital mental health care company. You’ll get to surround yourself with a team of individuals who care most about the wellbeing of each other and the world, embodying diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence.
- Impact. You’ll utilize many facets of your adaptable skill-set, integrating your strong communication abilities, keen attention to detail, and desire for continuous improvement to play several essential roles in Meru Health’s operational success.
- Growth & Mentorship. You will receive exceptional mentorship and resources to support your growth and overall success, while you get to do the same for our product team.
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Benefits: Heltti Insurance
- Phone expense reimbursement benefit
- Wellness and Home office stipends
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers
- Flexible work hours at our Helsinki office and possibility to work remotely
- Much more coming very soon!
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
HOW TO APPLY:
Could this position be your next career step? Great, apply by filling the application with a few clicks below!
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is an online provider with licensed clinicians, a digital solution and a wearable device for our participants. Our solution is a comprehensive tool for participants to heal burnout, depression, and anxiety. Our 12-week mobile treatment program includes mindfulness and CBT practices, HRV Biofeedback, sleep medicine, nutritional psychiatry, and daily remote therapist support on weekdays. We've proven the efficacy of our approach in 9 peer-reviewed studies and we have 8 additional papers in peer-review.
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community.
Get to know us and our culture: