Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health challenges by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join us in HELSINKI, FINLAND!
A FEW REASONS WHY PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT MERU HEALTH:
- Mission with strong social impact. Help pioneer a new approach to mental healthcare (using human support, biofeedback, and digital tools) to help 10 million people over mental health challenges by 2027.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer you will work as a part of our Development team. You will work on improving our patient and therapists facing systems using our modern technology stack and agile development practices.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL ACHIEVE:
- Develop our digital mental health products (iOS/Android mobile app and web dashboards) using the following technologies: React/React Native, TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform
- Work closely with our designers and product managers to implement user-centric and scalable technical solutions
- Have end-to-end ownership of the shipped features from architecture to operational support
- As a part of the Development team, participate in continuous improvement of development processes, coding practices and developer experience
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- Experience of working with modern web technologies as a part of agile development team
- You are excited about writing well-tested code and strive to find new ways to keep the codebase more maintainable
- You are driven to learn and develop. We are always trying to work with the best tools and methodologies, and hope you too are motivated to learn and apply new concepts
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OR PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience working with technology stack similar to our stack (React/React Native, TypeScript, Node.js. GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience on agile development as a team member
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
What would distinguish you from other candidates:
- Experience on design and implementation of modern cloud architectures
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and related regulations and practices
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MERU HEALTH:
- Innovation. As a Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer, you participate in creating and developing state-of-the-art digital mental health software using the latest technologies.
- Community. You’ll work cross-functionally in a fast-growing and dynamic digital mental health care company. You’ll get to surround yourself with a team of individuals who care most about the wellbeing of each other and the world, embodying diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence.
- Impact. You’ll utilize many facets of your adaptable skill-set, integrating your strong communication abilities, keen attention to detail, and desire for continuous improvement to play several essential roles in Meru Health’s operational success.
- Growth & Mentorship. You will receive exceptional mentorship and resources to support your growth and overall success.
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Highly competitive salary + stock options
- Benefits: Heltti Insurance
- Phone expense reimbursement benefit
- Wellness and Home office stipends
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers
- Flexible work hours at our Helsinki office and possibility to work remotely
- Much more coming very soon!