HR Generalist - US (Part-Time, Hybrid)
Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health challenges by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a HR GENERALIST to join us in the BAY AREA, CA OR DENVER, CO!
A FEW REASONS WHY PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT MERU HEALTH:
- Mission with strong social impact. Help pioneer a new approach to mental healthcare (using human support, biofeedback, and digital tools) to help 10 million people over mental health challenges by 2027.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
As our HR Generalist, you’ll facilitate a seamless employee experience for our global team. You’ll report to the Associate Director of Human Resources and work closely with our Clinical Operations, IT and Finance teams. You will be the first point-of-contact for when an employee needs support regarding their HR needs. You will also ensure new hires are equipped to succeed with proper tools, technology and accounts. As a true team-player, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the leadership of multiple departments to ensure an optimal experience at every touchpoint, giving remote employees a strong sense of belonging.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL ACHIEVE:
- Support and drive the multi-step onboarding and offboarding process to ensure smooth operations for our people.
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Participate in the development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Assist in administering benefits, recruiting efforts, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole and to improve the employees’ experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- Able to work collaboratively across all levels of the company and with external vendors and virtually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing tasks to generate the biggest impact
- Proven time management skills and multitasking in a dynamic, ever-evolving environment
- Flexibility when it comes to switching between administrative, people-oriented, and creative tasks
FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OR PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of previous HR operations experience in fast-paced growth environments
- Experience coordinating onboarding in a start-up / high-growth environment
- A strong knowledge base of proven HR practices, processes and programs, including federal and state statutory requirements
- Experience working with a distributed workforce
- Strong attention to detail, especially when it comes to executing employment contracts
- Ability to develop and refine onboarding workflows in support of optimizing the employee/contractor experience
- Experience with a variety of workforce types, including W2, 1099, and part-time
- Familiarity with multiple systems and platforms, including Notion, Rippling, Slack, Harvest, Trainual, Loom, Greenhouse and Google Suite
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MERU HEALTH:
- Innovation. As our HR Generalist, you will have ownership over maintaining and enhancing our employee life cycle processes including onboarding, offboarding, recognition and rewards programs and ultimately improving employee satisfaction and retention.
- Community. You’ll work cross-functionally with our Clinical, Operations and Growth, Finance, and IT Teams in a fast-growing and dynamic digital mental health care company. You’ll get to surround yourself with a team of individuals who care most about the wellbeing of each other and the world, embodying diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence.
- Impact. You’ll utilize many facets of your adaptable skill-set, integrating your strong communication abilities, keen attention to detail, and desire for continuous improvement to play several essential roles in Meru Health’s operational success.
- Growth & Mentorship. You will receive exceptional mentorship and resources to support your growth and overall success.
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Base Compensation: $35K - $40K/year with an estimation of 20-29 hours per week
- Preferred Hybrid Schedule: Be able to come in to office once a week. San Mateo, CA or Denver, CO
- Stock options
- $75 Home Office stipend
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our new Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers (in COVID19 safe outdoor environments for the time being, of course!)
- Much more coming very soon!
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental health care to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Get to know us and our culture: https://www.meruhealth.com/about-us
Check out the science and research behind what we do: https://www.meruhealth.com/science
LOCATION: BAY AREA, CA OR DENVER, CO