Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health challenges by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a OUTREACH SPECIALIST to join our OPERATIONS TEAM in SAN MATEO, CA!
A FEW REASONS WHY PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT MERU HEALTH:
- Mission with strong social impact. Help pioneer a new approach to mental healthcare (using human support, biofeedback, and digital tools) to help 10 million people over mental health challenges by 2027.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Outreach Specialist, you will be reporting to our Senior Director, Strategic Operations and working closely with various key stakeholders across the organization, such as Product, Clinical Operations, and Marketing.
As an Outreach Specialist, you will be instrumental in helping people access the care they need to improve their mental health and well-being. By leveraging your expertise in outreach and engagement, you will support and enroll individuals in our treatment programs, remove barriers to care, and ensure that patients receive the highest quality of support.
As a culture-add, you approach personal and professional relationships from a place of care, curiosity, and open-mindedness. You genuinely care about the well-being of others, have a genuine passion for helping people, and are actively keeping inclusion & diversity top of mind.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL ACHIEVE:
- Providing compassionate support to help people navigate the healthcare system and access the care they need
- Helping to identify individuals who might benefit from our services and enrolling them in appropriate treatment programs.
- Conducting outreach to health plan members to educate them about the behavioral health services available through Meru Health
- Ensuring that participants are well informed of the services and addressing any concerns they may have.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills - ability to think critically and react quickly
Work experience needed:
- 1+ year experience working in the medical/mental health industry in administration, customer service, patient advocacy or social work roles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience managing projects and completing tasks independently
- Track record of delivering work with little to no errors
- Experience adopting and learning new technology (apps, analytical tools, intranets, etc.) quickly
Knowledge, education, and/or training needed:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in public health, social work, psychology, counseling, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Google Workspace Tools
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations, privacy laws, and HIPAA compliance.
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Bay Area $65,000 - $75,000 + stock options
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 20 days PTO the first year → 25 days PTO thereafter + 15 paid US holidays
- Mobile & Internet expense reimbursement
- $400 Wellness stipend
- $250 Home Office stipend
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Much more coming very soon!
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental health care to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Get to know us and our culture: https://www.meruhealth.com/about-us
Check out the science and research behind what we do: https://www.meruhealth.com/science
See example testimonials to get an idea of the impact our work is already having on thousands of lives: https://vimeo.com/495477106 ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8PcUkW8x_Y
LOCATION: BAY AREA, CA
Something looks off?