Customer Success Manager, Strategic Accounts | EMEA
At Airtable, we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers teams to build applications that connect their organization and drive outcomes—no code needed. As a Strategic Customer Success Manager at Airtable, you will work closely with our top enterprise customers, including many Fortune 100 companies. We are looking for individuals with extensive experience in partnering with large, complex enterprise customers. Individuals with backgrounds in management consulting or value consulting are especially welcome to apply.
In this role, you will be helping our largest customers effectively leverage our product to drive impact in mission-critical areas of their organization and transform the way they work. Our high-touch customer success managers focus on building and maintaining relationships with critical customer stakeholders. Through this partnership CSMs focus especially on understanding customers' core strategic objectives, and documenting the differentiated value they realize through their investments in Airtable.
At Airtable, Customer Success sits at the nexus of our sales, product, and marketing teams, driving company growth and transforming the way the world builds software. What our customers build with Airtable is much more than the sum of its parts and no team knows this better than our Customer Success Managers, who act as consultative business partners to our largest customers, serving as a bridge between their needs and our product.
What you'll do
As a Strategic Customer Success Manager, you'll be the point-person responsible for a portfolio of our largest customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prioritize customer retention and renewals: Develop and nurture trusted relationships with customers, offering strategic advice to maximize retention rates and facilitate seamless renewals, ensuring long-term satisfaction and loyalty.
- Quantify customer business value: Collaborate with customers to gauge product impact on their operations. Utilize metrics to showcase tangible business value from Airtable, as it relates to customer objectives.
- Identify and mitigate risk: Proactively identify customer risks, and work closely with internal and customer stakeholders to mitigate risk and drive best-in-class GRR.
- Promote existing use cases and facilitate adoption: Identify opportunities to expand the utilization of the Airtable platform by advocating for and facilitating the adoption of existing use cases, ensuring maximum value for users.
- Serve as voice of the customer: Represent customer needs internally, translating feedback into actionable insights for product enhancement and increased satisfaction.
- Manage a diverse book of business: Prioritize your work to effectively manage diverse customer lifecycles, prioritizing tasks based on impact.
- Drive internal process improvements: Demonstrate a willingness to experiment, try new things, and share lessons learned with the broader Customer Success team, to ensure we continue to hone and improve our craft.
Who you are
- 6+ years of direct client management experience, ideally in a Customer Success, Account Management, or Sales role within the B2B SaaS sector, with experience in management consultancy also considered advantageous.
- Experience in quantifying value: Demonstrated ability to measure and communicate the business value delivered to clients, particularly in complex environments with large employee bases.
- Ability to simplify complex concepts: Skilled at distilling technical or intricate systems into understandable and actionable insights, empowering clients to make informed decisions.
- Cross-functional risk mitigation: Proven track record of collaborating across functions to identify and mitigate risks in client accounts, ensuring sustained success and mitigating churn.
- Consultative approach: Possess a consultative mindset and the ability to understand and address the unique needs of clients across various industries and lifecycles. Experience in consultancy or value management is a bonus.
- Thrive by building long-term relationships: Enjoy cultivating enduring partnerships with diverse stakeholders, including business, technical, and executive teams.
- Execution excellence: Track record of delivering impactful solutions and tangible results for clients, demonstrating a deep commitment to driving customer success.
- Resourceful problem solver: Exhibit resourcefulness and creativity in resolving challenges, always maintaining a focus on the underlying objectives and motivations.
- Language skills: while not a requirement, we’d be thrilled to add more bi-lingual candidates with French and German language skills to the team
What We Offer
- In addition to NHS coverage, you will have access to supplemental insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 85%)
- Competitive pension scheme, life insurance, paid leave and sick leave
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- Transportation & Commuter Benefits
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Legal services - access to online tools to legal forms
At Airtable, we embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We strive for Airtable to be a pleasant and supportive place to work, and to attract and retain a diverse team of talented people. We take great pride in holding everyone accountable for treating each other with dignity and respect.
Airtable is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a medical condition or disability which inhibits your ability to complete any part of the application process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.