At Airtable, we are passionate about our platform’s ability to democratize software creation and empower anyone to “create anything.” As a Sales Engineer, you’ll leverage your product and technical expertise to support prospective Enterprise customers as they evaluate Airtable as a solution for their organization. Partnering closely with Account Executives, you’ll qualify opportunities, gather key requirements, speak to our platform capabilities, and advise decision makers on how Airtable can be configured to support their business needs.
What you'll do
- Partner with Account Executives to identify, qualify and pursue new revenue opportunities from new and existing Enterprise customers
- Build relationships with and serve as trusted advisor to a prospect or customer’s technical teams
- Build and demonstrate custom prototypes that allow prospects to understand and evaluate Airtable’s capabilities within the context of their own data, technical requirements, team workflows, and business process needs
- Manage technical relationship with Airtable’s pre-revenue Enterprise organizations, overseeing proof-of-concept work and pre-sales implementation as needed
- Speak to Airtable’s platform and integration capabilities, and any solution strategies that may be required to successfully implement them using Airtable best practices
- Support multiple Account Executives and deals simultaneously, proactively communicating with stakeholders to ensure on-time solution delivery
- Develop processes and workflows that allow us to build and scale a best-in-class Sales Engineering organization
- Identify and share our most valuable use cases and user stories to our Engineering and Customer Engagement teams to inform the product roadmap and market potential
- Work closely with Airtable’s Security and Compliance Teams to advise on questions related to Airtable’s security posture
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of experience in a sales engineering or solution consulting role in a SaaS environment, ideally in the data visualization or productivity space
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills, and are equally comfortable presenting to individual contributor stakeholders and VP-Level decision makers
- You grasp the fundamentals of database design and are passionate about creating unique solutions to complex business problems
- You have a history of managing multiple assignments simultaneously, can work independently to drive projects to completion with a high level of attention to detail
- You have a keen technical mind and demonstrate a deep understanding of enterprise integration methodologies, best practices and API architecture
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $130,900 - $170,520 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.