Software Engineer, Core Product (4+ years of experience)
Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. We are developing a powerful and extensible toolkit that our customers can leverage to solve a variety of different problems and workflows. We’ve seen our most sophisticated customers use the product to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth. The complexity of these use cases requires us to be extremely thoughtful about how we design and implement new functionality in the product and make sure it’s both easy to use and comprehend for our customers and maintainable for us.
As a full stack engineer at Airtable, you will have the opportunity to work with customers to deeply understand their needs and workflows. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners across product management, design, research and data science to create innovative new features that enable our customers to do their best work. You will be responsible for owning and executing the end-to-end implementation of these new features that will contribute to making our toolkit even more powerful and successful.
We currently have openings on:
- The Use Cases Team focuses on deeply understanding the needs and workflows of our users and designing flexible and extensible app-like experiences for them. This includes building core product components and visualizations to bring these experiences to life and enable end-to-end workflows on Airtable.
- The Notifications Team is dedicated to building a notifications platform that enables rich and powerful communication across multiple channels like email, slack, mobile push and more. This platform aims to give users more power and momentum to collaborate with other teammates and achieve their best work.
Please note: while we employ a hybrid working model at Airtable (flexible in working from the office or elsewhere), we are looking to hire candidates who are based in San Francisco/Bay Area who are open to coming into the office occasionally for team collaboration events and meetings.
What you'll do
- Spec and build product features that are beautiful, consistent, and fast, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions.
- Work at all levels of the stack, from AWS, Node.js, and SQL to React, HTML. and CSS to build and maintain end to end products on Airtable.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and data scientists to understand the needs of potential users and build a product that unlocks their potential.
- Work alongside and learn from a talented group of engineers with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web development, with particular emphasis on user facing feature development.
- You have a good understanding of web technologies and large-scale web application architecture.
- You have a background in computer science or a related field.
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You have strong convictions, weakly held and assume validation and iteration are a given to produce the best results.
- You show strong ownership instincts and sweat the details.
- You are currently based and/or will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $165,800 - $256,100 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.
Something looks off?