Regional Contractor Acquisition Specialist - Landscape Construction (contract)
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
At Yardzen, we believe people are at their best when they’re outside.
We have a simple promise: help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online, and then match them with the right local contractors to bring their design to life. Since our launch in 2018, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners achieve their dream yards, make environmentally responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces.
We are disrupting the $200 billion outdoor renovation industry. By leveraging technology and creating an innovative online process, we offer a more straightforward, transparent, and delightful design and build experience for the modern homeowner. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer, Fast Company Most Innovative Company, named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work, and written about by Architectural Digest, The New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, The Wall Street Journal, and Forbes. And we’re just getting started.
Embark on an exciting journey as a Regional Contractor Acquisition Specialist specializing in landscape construction. Your mission will be to lead prospecting initiatives, cultivating relationships with local contractors and specialists in our core market states - California and Texas. (You must reside in one of these states). This contractor-centric role is instrumental in expanding our network and ensuring that we have the right supply to help our Clients transform their outdoor spaces. This is a 3-month contract with the potential for an extension.
- Actively and creatively seek out and engage with potential contractors through various channels, including cold calling, networking events, industry conferences, and in-person initiatives, demonstrating a solid understanding of their needs and preferences.
- Develop and execute contractor-centric market-level strategies to drive growth and achieve expansion targets.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to align market development strategies with overall business objectives.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates for current and future hiring needs.
- Conduct in-depth market research to understand local landscaping trends, opportunities, and competitive landscapes.
- Foster meaningful relationships with key decision-makers and influencers in the landscape contractor community.
- Follow Yardzen's vetting process to interview and vet potential contractors for the Yardzen Network, and collaborate with internal teams to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for new contractors.
- Ability to meet with pros and clients to help facilitate site walks.
- Support internal teams in pursuing and closing deals with landscape contractors, providing guidance for successful engagements.
- Offer ongoing support to contractors, ensuring high-quality service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Generate reports to track contractor development progress and market effectiveness.
- Proven experience in market development or business development
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills, particularly in a contractor-focused context.
- In-depth knowledge of the landscaping industry and local market dynamics.
- Ability to analyze contractor data and trends to inform strategic decisions.
- Results-driven with a focus on achieving growth targets for contractors.
- Highly communicative, collaborative, and results-driven.
About the role:
- This position is a 90-day contract-based position with the potential for an extension.
- Candidates must reside in one of our core market states states (CA or TX).
- If you're passionate about empowering contractors in the landscaping industry and building impactful relationships, we invite you to apply for the Regional Contractor Acquisition Specialist role. Join us in shaping the future of our contractor network and driving growth in the landscaping sector!
At Yardzen, we’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunities to succeed. We are looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, or veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Since April 2020, we're a remote-first organization. We believe work is a thing you do, not a place you go, and we can stay connected as an organization from anywhere. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, authentic empowerment, and autonomy create the best results.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or the recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Yardzen is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in a state where Yardzen is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.