Our Mission: Make healthcare #1 in customer service.
What We Deliver: Artera (formerly WELL Health®) is the patient communication platform that delivers happier staff, healthier patients, and more profitable organizations. We enable two-way conversations between patients and their healthcare teams through secure, multilingual messaging across multiple channels – including text, email, and telephone. By unifying disjointed touchpoints into a single, intuitive channel, Artera fuels connected patient experiences and empowers organizations to deliver the best customer service imaginable.
Our Impact: Artera helps 500+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 40+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, Artera was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). Artera was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In in 2022, and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for three consecutive years.
Artera’s Engineering team is looking for a talented Engineering Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical part in rapidly scaling up our engineering capacity to meet business demands. You will be directly responsible for ensuring that your agile team delivers stories with high quality and velocity in a manner consistent with Artera’s technical standards. You will work closely in a Triad structure with a Product Manager and Designer to ensure such delivery.
- Technical Guidance: Foster strong technical practices through code reviews, architectural design collaboration and security within your team
- Execution & Delivery: Partner with Product Manager to ensure sprints are aligned with work that is high value. Unblock and empower the team to be agile and high velocity. Be willing to get hands-on with the code when needed. Own the responsibility for successful delivery by leading the team in establishing best practices in estimations, story scoping, balancing trade offs, executing against commitments and increasing accountability
- Project Management: Collaborate with Senior Management, Direct Reports, Product Managers, Designers, DevOps and QA to ensure smooth relationships. Work with peer Engineering Managers to optimize cross team collaboration
- Strategy: Partner with Product, Design, Senior and Staff engineers to drive business, product and technical strategy to meet the product and technical goals for the team
- Retention and Hiring: Work with Recruiting and HR departments to conduct interviews and hire new engineers. Actively work to engage and retain the existing talent and experience on the team
- People Management: Provide career development, coaching and mentorship to your direct reports. Conduct performance reviews and provide real-time feedback to drive high performance
- Communication: Keep teams aligned on how their work ties into the overall strategic initiatives of their org and the company. Use fitting opportunities to bring transparency and crisp communication to their team
- Team builder: Build high performing teams. Empower your team(s) and leaders. Give them the authority and support to make decisions
- Relentlessly work towards improving engineering excellence, process and culture
- Bachelor's degree in STEM preferred. Strong technical foundation in software engineering design principles
- Additional experience in lieu of a degree is also accepted
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- 6+ months experience managing or leading software engineering teams developing SaaS products in an agile environment
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git), build tools, and front-end testing frameworks
- Proven track record of successful project delivery and cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience in a product-oriented development environment
- Experience building enterprise SaaS products in highly regulated environments with low risk tolerance is highly preferred
- Experience in coaching and mentoring Software Engineers
- Experience in building empowered teams and processes
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with Hasura
- HealthTech experience
- Experience with React
- Experience with Node.js
Artera is Santa Barbara, CA based and remote friendly. If you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area and located within the United States and are interested in working remotely, APPLY TODAY. #LI-Remote #BI-Remote
WORKING AT ARTERA
- Company benefits - Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term & long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k) and more!
- Career development - Mentorship program, manager development cohorts, individual learning stipend.
- Generous time off - Company holidays, wellness days, and flexible time off.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - We believe that everyone should belong at their workplace. Our ERGs are available for identifying employees or allies to join.
Actual base salary will depend on experience, skills, education, geographic location, and/or internal equity.
$128,000 - $187,000
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.