(Remote, Hungary) Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Our Mission: Make healthcare #1 in customer service.
What We Deliver: Artera (formerly WELL Health®) is the patient communication platform that delivers happier staff, healthier patients, and more profitable organizations. We enable two-way conversations between patients and their healthcare teams through secure, multilingual messaging across multiple channels – including text, email, and telephone. By unifying disjointed touchpoints into a single, intuitive channel, Artera fuels connected patient experiences and empowers organizations to deliver the best customer service imaginable.
Our Impact: Artera helps 500+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 40+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, Artera was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). Artera was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In in 2022, and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for three consecutive years.
AI is central to Artera's ability to improve patient experiences, optimize workflows and empower health systems to deliver the best quality care possible. With the latest developments in AI, new and exciting opportunities emerged, further solidifying AI as a key strategic focus of Artera’s product vision.
To make it happen, Artera's data team is building out a Machine Learning team and is looking for a talented Senior Machine Learning Engineer. In this role, you will be primarily working with product managers, software engineers and data scientists to design and deliver customer-facing ML solutions in production, while developing ML workflows and end-to-end pipelines for data preparation, training, deployment, monitoring to ensure quality of architecture and model performance.
If you are a self-starter who enjoys applying ML expertise to make a difference in health care, this is the opportunity for you.
- Scope, design, build and ship end-to-end machine learning models
- Drive exploratory data analysis to test, define and iterate from idea to proof-of-concept
- Build feature pipeline with analytics engineers to automate feature extraction and monitoring
- Build and maintain Sagemaker pipelines to automate inference generation and work with product engineering for integration into product
- Own Sagemaker automated testing and deployment processes for machine learning models
- Develop and own AWS Sagemaker managed framework for performance monitoring, evaluation and automated retraining
- MS or above in quantitative field
- 7+ years of full-time experience in building machine learning products
- End-to-end experience designing and shipping machine learning features
- Strong proficiency in Python, and experiences with machine learning framework e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch or Keras
- Experience with big data processing frameworks such as Spark
- Hands-on experience with MLOps in cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS
- Proven records in choosing the right solution for the right problem
- Great communication skills and business mindset
- Proficiency at NLP
- Experience with HL7 FHIR format, EHR data
- Knowledge with US health system
- Experience with dbt, Snowflake
Artera is growing our Hungary based Engineering team. We are looking for candidates that currently live in Hungary. This is a remote role. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT ARTERA
- Career development - Mentorship program, manager development cohorts, individual learning stipend.
- Generous time off - Company holidays, wellness days, and flexible time off.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - We believe that everyone should belong at their workplace. Our ERGs are available for identifying employees or allies to join.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that Artera currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. Artera is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.