(Remote, Hungary) Senior Data Engineer
Our Mission: Make healthcare #1 in customer service.
What We Deliver: Artera (formerly WELL Health®) is the patient communication platform that delivers happier staff, healthier patients, and more profitable organizations. We enable two-way conversations between patients and their healthcare teams through secure, multilingual messaging across multiple channels – including text, email, and telephone. By unifying disjointed touchpoints into a single, intuitive channel, Artera fuels connected patient experiences and empowers organizations to deliver the best customer service imaginable.
Our Impact: Artera helps 500+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 40+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, Artera was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). Artera was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In in 2022, and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for three consecutive years.
Artera's Data team is looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer. In this role, you will be primarily working with software engineers, data scientists and machine learning professionals to implement a modern data system that allows for high-fidelity, low-latency and ultra-reliable data operation.
Tech stack involves Postgres, Matillion, Snowflake, Looker and Sagemaker, and remains open to alternative solutions as we continue to evolve with scale. This role should have a keen interest in future-oriented system thinking, coupled with flexibility to thrive in a fluid startup environment.
- Implement and optimize robust and scalable ETL/ELT data pipelines and storage for structured and unstructured data
- Design and develop data quality processes to ensure data integrity, auditability and usability
- Develop and maintain automated testing and deployment processes for data solutions
- Promote consistent naming conventions, clear documentation and up-to-date references
- Partner with backend product engineers to optimize production database schemas with data use cases in mind
- Stay up-to-date with US healthcare data standards and regulation, and ensure compliance with regulations e.g. HIPAA, GDPR
- BS or above in computer science or information technology
- 5+ years of full-time experience in a data engineering role
- Strong experience with ETL processes and data modeling
- Expert knowledge with data warehousing concepts, techniques and tools
- Strong Proficiency in SQL and programming languages, ideally Python, and experience with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark
- Proven track record of owning data integrity, from consistency to reliability to interpretability
- Proficiency with cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS
- Proficiency with data orchestration tools e.g. Airflow, Prefect
- Experience working in the US healthcare industry, with understanding of healthcare data standards such as HL7, FHIR
- Professional experience working as a full-stack software engineer
- Direct experiences with Matillion, Snowflake and Looker
Artera is growing our Hungary based Engineering team. We are looking for candidates that currently live in Hungary. This is a remote role. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT ARTERA
- Career development - Mentorship program, manager development cohorts, individual learning stipend.
- Generous time off - Company holidays, wellness days, and flexible time off.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - We believe that everyone should belong at their workplace. Our ERGs are available for identifying employees or allies to join.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that Artera currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. Artera is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.