Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for an Executive Assistant to be the supportive force that empowers our SVP, Product & SVP, People to be successful and anticipates their needs and problems before they are problems. You will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of these two leaders’ teams. You will be responsible for managing a wide range of tasks such as: coordinating executive schedules, serving as a point of contact between executives and internal/external stakeholders, ad hoc projects such as deck creation and research, event planning, expense management, office management, travel coordination, and ensuring timely and smooth transitions between meetings throughout the day.
The ideal candidate has the ability to be directive with the executives, is comfortable leading/managing the executives and has confidence in their skills and knows how to prioritize and get ahead of problems before they occur and thrives solving problems. You have exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. You are a seasoned executive assistant providing support to executive management and adept at balancing a variety of responsibilities with evolving priorities and deliverables.
Loyal, Trustworthy, Honest, Reliable, Proactive, Empathetic and Team Player, describe you or some of your core personal values, we’d love to chat!
Who You Are:
- Energized by supporting people; being an EA is your passion and calling
- Demonstrate the ability and courage to address challenging or difficult matters openly and constructivelyI.e. Confident enough to say the hard truths and have tough conversations with their boss
- Have a strong understanding of importance of discretion and confidentiality
- Physically able to be in Waterloo Office 2-3 days a week minimum.
- Embraces change and can adapt and pivot on the fly
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Highly adaptable; doesn’t get frustrated when things pivot
- Proactive approach to problem solving, strong initiative
- Anticipates needs and loves solving problems big and small
- Poised and composed in high-pressure/stress situations and is able tomaintain focus and delivers results; grace under fire
- Values constructive feedback
- Strong sense of feeling accountable and responsible for the outcomes and decisions within your purview
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy