Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for a Sr. Copywriter with significant advertising experience to join our high-performing marketing team. Reporting to our Creative Services Lead, the Sr. Copywriter is responsible for producing written content for both internal and external needs, including messaging frameworks, product positioning, display ads, video scripts, emails, web pages, presentations, collateral, and more.
The Sr. Copywriter will support the broader marketing team and beyond. You will quickly learn about our products, audiences, and processes to produce copy on short deadlines. You are a team player, detail-oriented, efficient, and thrive on collaboration and feedback.
What You'll Do:
- Produce high-quality written content that reflects our brand, resonates with our customers, builds affinity, and drives engagement
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders (Lifecycle Marketing, User Acquisition, Social, Product, People, Sales) to deliver compelling copy based on supplied creative briefs and/or strategies
- Partner closely with our Brand team to develop the key pillars, differentiators, terms, and tone of our messaging frameworks, both holistic and campaign-oriented
- Work alongside graphic and motion designers to adjust copy as needed for a wide variety of formats and durations
- Brainstorm, propose, and contribute to fresh content ideas
- Research trends across popular culture, social media, technology, and advertising strategies to inform your ideation
- Formulate and integrate keywords for Search Term Optimization (SEO)
- Take ownership of simultaneous projects both big and small from concept to completion, delivering on schedule
- Review and internalize performance metrics and user research to inform your creative decisions
Who You Are:
- Collaborator with 7+ years of professional experience in copywriting within a marketing, branding, advertising, or communications landscape
- Experience working as part of a marketing, brand, or creative team in an agency or in-house environment
- Passionate about your craft. You live to write, and you do it effectively for a wide variety of audiences
- A master of simplicity. Your copy is deep and engaging while quickly reaching the point
- Borderline obsessive when it comes to proper grammar and punctuation. You’re a go-to resource for proofreading with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Determined to include strategic thinking when writing copy across multiple platforms. You’re guided by goals, data, intuition, trends, and high standards.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple stakeholders across departments
- Passion for leveraging performance data into new creative explorations and improvements
- Respectful when receiving and providing feedback
- Resourceful with the ability to clarify in-bound requests and create a path of action
- Portfolio showcasing a deep understanding of audiences, platforms, character limitations, hierarchy, and strong calls to action
- Preference for candidates with technical aptitude (web markup language, content management systems)
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy