Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for an experienced Data Engineer with hands-on experience designing and developing data platforms. You will own the design, development, and maintenance of TextNow's data platform , enabling us to make effective data-informed decisions. You will be part of cross-functional efforts to build scalable and reliable frameworks that support all of TextNow's business and data products. In this role, you can interact with different functional areas within the business and influence decision-making in a fast-growing mobile communications start-u
What You'll Do:
- Own TextNow's data warehouse, pipeline, and integration points between various business systems.
- Explore available technologies and develop solutions to build and improve our identity resolution solutions
- Design, Develop and support new and existing batch and real-time data pipelines and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Manage data infrastructure to manage our ML-based data products.
- Be a champion of TextNow's data ecosystem by working with engineering and infrastructure to implement data strategy for governance, security, privacy, quality , and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements.
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to cross-functional groups. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements.
Who You Are
- Have 7-10 years of experience working with data warehouse/data lake and ETL architectures, cloud data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake, RDS) , and experience in Python and SQL, preferably at companies with fast-growing and evolving data needs.
- Worked on AWS cloud data services such as Kinesis and EKS and has familiarity with schemas, metadata catalogs.
- Have at least 2+ years of experience with open-source technologies such as Airflow, Iceberg, Delta Lake and Spark (including PySpark).
- Experience driving technical vision for user identity resolution and identity graphs in previous roles is preferred.
- Hands on experience working with AdTech solutions, data privacy is a plus
- Respectfully candid with the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion.
- Highly organized, structured work approach and dependable. Expected ability to communicate and collaborate on data engineering tasks with internal and external teams.
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy