Sr. Director Trust and Safety
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is seeking a Senior Director of Trust and Safety who will serve as a thought leader in this critical area across the organization. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the strategic direction of both the fraud operations group and the Trust & Safety product experience team. This role will involve driving change through collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Legal, Marketing & Communications, and Finance to ensure alignment and direction. The Senior Director will set a clear vision and effectively communicate it to the team, driving clarity in defining the company's strategy in the Trust & Safety space.
What You'll Do:
- Be a thought leader of our trust & safety strategy across the business
- Lead the strategic direction of our fraud operations group as well as our Trust & Safety product experience team
- Drive change through a cross-functional team, including input and direction from Legal, Marketing & Communications, Finance
- Set vision, communicate clearly to the cross functional team, and drive clarityregarding what our strategy should be in this space
- Own key execution milestones and be the accountable individual internally within TextNow for our Trust & Safety initiatives
- Have a deep understanding of the fraud prevention space, specifically around consumer mobile applications
- Manage and build a team of highly performing, results-based, product & operations managers
- Manage and build strategic vendor partnerships and relationships to power our business, as they pertain to your overall strategy
- Understand and manage the complex balance between fraud and abuse prevention and customer experience on our platform
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly using best-in-class tools and technologies
- Bring new technology and market offerings into our strategy fold, including AI and ML
Who You Are:
- An experienced leader and team mentor, focused on being supportive of your team and developing strong leaders- at lease 4-5 years of director or manager level experience managing a product team.
- 5-8 years of experience as a product/ operations manager in the fraud/ trust space specifically.
- Experience working and leading cross-functional teams that involve many different business stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience in B2C products
- Data- focused and driven
- Comfortable presenting to carious stakeholders, including the executive team
- A heavy collaborator, someone used to managing communications to different audience, styles and parts of the business.
- Ideally 7-10 years of product management experience
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy