Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for a customer centric Sr. Product Marketing Manager to develop an effective go-to-market strategy through an expert understanding of our competitive landscape, target audience, and customers’ usage of current products to positively drive business growth and user adoption.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a champion for our customers
- Influence product strategy and roadmap by partnering closely with Product, informed by customer insights
- Responsible for audience definition and market sizing, consumer research, naming and validation for all new products being brought to market
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders (Growth, Product, UXR, Data Science, Lifecycle Marketing) to deliver go-to-market strategy based on deep consumer insights, research, and competitive analysis.
- Get to know our customers first-hand. Generate consumer insights through primary research, market research and other methodologies and leverage insights to inform product and marketing strategy
- Responsible for development of compelling product positioning & messaging that differentiates us in the market and resonates with our customers
- Be the expert on our customers, uncovering insights that lead to breakthrough messaging and actionable product & marketing plans
- Act as the point of contact for communicating GTM updates and reviews with cross functional leadership
- Define success metrics for products, analyze product performance, synthesize customer feedback and advocate for improvements
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for leveraging data insights into creative campaigns and communications
- Collaborator with 7+ years of product marketing or equivalent strategic marketing experience and BA/BS degree, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
- Deep understanding of messaging strategies based on consumer segmentation
- Someone who takes action and ownership with a proven ability to execute go-to-market plans from conception to launch/adoption
- Has ability to motivate people to take action and always be working on behalf of our customer
- A self-starter who loves to solve challenging problems
- Someone with the ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves and execute
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy