Software Development Manager - Android
Posted on Thursday, December 8, 2022
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Android team across both our remote team in the US in Canada. As an Engineering Manager, you will lead development for our Android mobile platform which provides millions of users with real-time calling, messaging, and wireless communication services every day. Our Android team is highly creative, constantly delivering new capabilities to customers which provide disruptive, industry leading mobile experiences around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of hyper-talented mobile Android developers
- Provide technical leadership for all Android releases
- Bring expansive technical knowledge and experience with application design
- Lead by example and nurture talent in your team
- Seek innovative ways to unleash new Android experiences
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool stuff with experience delivering amazing, highly scalable, consumer-facing product experiences to market with demonstrated Android development experience (Kotlin/Java)
- Brilliant collaborator with the ability to partner with other engineering leaders and product leaders to define, deliver, and implement scalable strategies to meet product launches and business initiatives
- Someone who takes action and ownership with proven experience growing employees through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives. Most of all, ensure employees are having fun with their work!
- Respectfully candid with the ability to lead and grow a team of passionate engineers to join our distributed team
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who can collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure your team has clear direction and priorities
- Resourceful and scrappy with a track record of building amazing mobile products while scaling talented teams
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy