Director of Crypto Markets (SHx)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2022
About the Company
Named a Forbes Fintech 50, Stronghold’s mission is to improve financial access by powering innovative payment and financial services solutions through our open APIs. We’ve been going deep to lay the underlying rails for modern payments and reach all customers with secure, transparent ways to move money.
We are seeking team players who can evolve with the company as we scale and add new products. We are a team of technologists and industry experts who take a data-driven and innovative approach to solving problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards curiosity and grit.
Stronghold is proud of its SF Bay Area and New Zealand roots and strives to build a diverse team to serve our ecosystem better while staying true to our core values. Our core values are to Be Self Aware, Have Good Judgment, Be Curious, Seek Innovation, Excellent Communication, High Impact, Be Bold, Be Selfless, Be Accountable, Be Honest, and Show Grit.
About the Role
The Director of Crypto Markets (SHx) will have a deep understanding of market structure, clearing, settlement, prime brokerage, and custody. This leader will take that knowledge and apply it to the development of SHx markets. We expect this leader to have a large network and stellar reputation with traditional market participants.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced professional who is adept at working with a distributed team and has the ability to think creatively through how markets need to adapt to support potentially paradigm-shifting technology.
What You'll Do
- Manage relationships with market makers, brokers, exchanges, liquidators, and institutional market participants globally
- Work closely with the Markets Team to help guide company strategy for enterprise-grade infrastructure and solutions to attract and broaden SHx markets ecosystem
- Manage relationships with key traditional market participants such as OTC trading desks, brokers, quantitative market makers, custodians, institutional market participants and prime brokers
- Explore new and innovative ways to partner with existing market participants to accelerate SHx liquidity growth
- Help develop crypto and traditional market infrastructure for SHx
- Partner with internal stakeholders - Product, Engineering, Business Development, Leadership - to construct the appropriate strategy for the market buildout
- Collaborate with the Compliance, Legal, Business, and Finance teams to ensure efficient and compliant strategy execution
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years experience in markets, with a focus on FX or commodities
- 5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of business development and/or experience building strategic partnerships
- Experienced negotiator who is excited by partnerships and deal-making
- Preference for being both strategic and execution-oriented
- A deep understanding of market structure and liquidity landscape
- Familiarity with the cryptocurrency liquidity ecosystem
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Passion for payments, fintech, and Stronghold’s mission
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- MBA or equivalent preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Work Schedule: Getting the job done isn't always 9 to 5. Determine your working hours so you get things done when it works for you and your family
- Stock Options: We offer stock options that align with your equity mindset so you can reach our personal financial goals. Have skin in the game and feel like an owner
- Health Care: We provide options for Health Care that have you and your family covered. From PPOs to HMOs we have something that will work for whatever stage of life you are in
- Hybrid Work Environment: We embrace the hybrid in-office and work-from-home culture.
- Learning Credits: Curiosity and lifelong learning is a core values at Stronghold. We want to provide you with the resources you need to continue to expand and grow as an individual
- Flexible Vacation: We offer flexible vacation so you can get the time-off you need that works for you
The base salary for this position is $175,000 - 205,000 while taking into consideration factors such as relevant experience, skillset and qualifications for the role, and location. Stronghold currently offers health benefits for eligible employees.
**Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.