Van Driver (Minneapolis)
Twin Cities, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Van Driver (Minneapolis)
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We’re looking for full-time team members to join our fleet of drivers. Ideal candidates are those who thrive in fast-paced environments and want to help to improve how we do our work every day. In addition, it is critical that candidates are team players who come up with creative ways to solve problems. We offer a positive work environment and a strong benefits package for full-time employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special in Minneapolis!
- Our Member is Our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Arrive on time to each stop on your route.
- Follow instructions on our Ridwell fleet app directing you to pick up specific items at each stop.
- Communicate any discrepancies on pick up with Ridwell driver support.
- Understand time management and communicate when a route is taking longer than anticipated.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal/external customers.
- Load and unload items into and out of the company-owned vans.
- Use text message and email to communicate with Ridwell driver support and the Ridwell driver manager.
- Deliver Ridwell bins and bags to new member’s houses.
- On-Board new Ridwell members by explaining the service and answers common questions.
- Ensure compliance regarding all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned as necessary by management
- Must be able to read and follow written or oral instructions.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must own and be able to use a smartphone and google or apple maps.
- Ability to be on your feet or on a van route all day.
- Ability to communicate effectively digitally over text message and email.
- Must be 21 years or older with a valid driver’s license in the state you are applying, be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, and lift up to 49 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday and possible weekend shifts.
- Must pass a background and motor vehicle history check if offered the position.
- Previous Pick up and/or Delivery experience highly preferred
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees.
We offer the following:
Medical, Vision, and Dental plans available with $0 monthly premium costs, with buy-up options available
Voluntary Life and AD&D for self and spouse/domestic partner
Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
Paid Time Off
Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Paid Holidays 9 paid days per year
Paid parental leave
Commuter Benefits for parking and/or transit
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides 4 counseling sessions per incident for common challenges such as relationship, family issues, stress, anxiety, and other life challenges
Employee Discount on Ridwell Membership
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19