Community Marketing Lead
Marketing & Communications
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Community Marketing Lead
Seattle, WA /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our product team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We are a team invested in the personal growth of its employees and this is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
We are looking for a results-driven team member who is able to own all aspects of developing scalable growth programs that will accelerate adoption of our home subscription service by driving visibility in local communities. This person will come up with ideas for new programs, create test plans, and execute, measure and optimize on the fly. They also will create detailed playbooks that allow others to replicate successful programs consistently. High attention to detail and conscientiousness will be key to success.
This individual will be comfortable working independently to achieve specific targets and deadlines. We are looking for someone who has the soft skills needed to uncover mutually-beneficial opportunities by learning the motivations of external partners and stakeholders. The right candidate will be passionate about foraging these connections from the ground up, including cold calls, knocking on doors, etc. External partners might include a local school, a small business owner, or our own members.
As our Community Marketing Lead you will have a direct hand in growing our mission by creating new marketing channels that grow our membership base. As part of our small, but mighty marketing team, your ability to effectively manage relationships and also focus on the details will make you a highly-valued member of the team.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Identify opportunities for community-based growth by understanding our members needs, values and mindset.
- Build and implement scalable and repeatable programs that drive visibility in local communities and lead to attributable member growth.
- Drive relationships with local organizations, associations, groups, etc. to develop mutually beneficial programs.
- Standardize playbooks for replicating localized growth programs across Ridwell markets.
- Establish relationships with members and ensure strategies and programs reflect their feedback.
- Ensure feasibility of execution by working closely with the market operations and partnerships teams.
- Track and measure the success of initiatives to inform future programs or changes in strategy.
- Take a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems that is resourceful and strategic.
- Build brand awareness and excitement in every interaction.
- Located in Seattle, primarily based in office when not doing field work
- 3 - 5 years in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Experience in sales, growth, marketing, or community engagement
- Experience at an early-stage startup
- Experience working on a small team with a range of responsibilities and expected outcomes
- A strong ability to take action on the ground as well as to think strategically and plan at a high level
Benefits @ Ridwell:
- Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
$85,000 - $105,000 a year
This range is a good-faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate. Compensation includes both salary and equity options. At this time, we can only hire US-based candidates.
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.