PM Warehouse Lead (Portland)
Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
PM Warehouse Lead (Portland)
Portland, OR /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
About the role
We’re looking for a full-time PM lead to join our warehouse operations team. Ideal candidates are those who thrive in fast-paced environments and want to help to improve how we do our work every day. In addition, it is critical that candidates are team players who come up with creative ways to solve problems.
Available shifts: Mon-Fri, 10a-6:30p or Tues-Fri 8a-6:30pm
- Our Member is Our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Process incoming bags from our delivery drivers and package for reuse or recycling through our partner organizations
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Operate balers and pallet jacks
- Provide excellent customer service to internal/external customers
- Keep assigned work areas clean and organized
- Ensure compliance regarding all company policies and procedures
- Other duties assigned as necessary by management
- Operate as a key holding employee responsible for closing warehouse procedures and delegating closing shift work to warehouse employees as needed.
- Work in conjunction with Warehouse Manager to execute warehouse schedule.
- Communicate assignments of work/shift objectives, monitor performance indicators, and address needs with team.
- Ability to train and develop new Operations Associates as needed.
- Follows and ensures department goals are upheld.
- Work with Warehouse Manager in the coordination of daily dispo runs to partners, ensuring materials are properly sorted/packaged prior to scheduled dispo runs, and leading the logistics of dispo runs as needed.
- Collaborate with Warehouse Manager to forecast labor needs to control costs.
- Attend and contribute to key weekly meetings, including a portion of the Portland on-site Operations meeting and all-warehouse meeting.
- Complete daily shift report to ensure the Warehouse Manager is up to date on all processing progress and needs, to facilitate a proper daily processing schedule.
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to ensure that an accurate inventory is done weekly, as well as residual tracking of all core categories.
- Communicate effectively and closely with the AM lead to assure both are working toward the same goals.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- Must be able to read and follow written or oral instructions in English.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English digitally over text message and email.
- Experience using pallet jacks and/or balers a plus.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, and lift up to 49 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma.
- Must be available to work Mon-Fri, 10a-6:30p or Tues-Fri 8a-6:30pm
- Must pass a background check if offered the position.
- No previous experience required.
$22 - $22 an hour
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees.
We offer the following:
Medical, Vision, and Dental plans available with $0 monthly premium costs, with buy-up options available
Voluntary Life and AD&D for self and spouse/domestic partner
Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays 7 paid days per year
Paid parental leave
Commuter Benefits for parking and/or transit
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides 4 counseling sessions per incident for common challenges such as relationship, family issues, stress, anxiety, and other life challenges
Employee Discount on Ridwell Membership
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.