Senior Fullstack Engineer, Content Safety
Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer for our Growth team to support our mission.
This role is based in New York and open to those who are able to be in-office 2 days per week on a hybrid work model.
Our team’s mission is to make Patreon the most trusted and safest place for creators and fans to share and connect with each other.
- Build and iterate on user-facing features to provide a best-in-class suite of self-serve safety products for creators and fans alike
- Scale and expand capabilities of Patreon's content platform to support new Patreon product launches, establishing robust detection and prevention systems to combat harmful actors, content and behaviors
- Improve our internal Content Moderation tooling, allowing our operations team to deliver high-quality support experiences for reviewing, reforming and escalating Patreon content
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, designers, and other engineers to deliver high-quality features
- 6+ years of experience in product software development
- Excited to maintain high standard of quality and craft with an eye for user experience and engineering detail
- A track record of building systems with attention to detail, high reliability, and high throughput
- Experience designing, building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining code in a service-oriented architecture
- Proactive in communicating with your peers and cross-functional partners
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
We hire talented and passionate people from different backgrounds because we want our company to represent the vast diversity of our creators. If you’re excited about a role but your prior experience doesn’t match with every bullet point outlined above, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. If you’re a creator at heart, are energized by our mission, and share our company values, we’d love to hear from you.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.