Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Benefits Manager to support our mission.
This role is based in San Francisco and open to those who are able to be in-office 2 days per week on a hybrid work model.
About the Role
- Design, manage, Patreon’s global benefits strategy, creating and implementing the roadmap for our benefits offerings to all employees
- Administer employee benefits (both US and international) around health, dental, vision, and other benefits/perks
- Manage US 401k and EMEA pension program design, communication and compliance; and coordinating with plan administrator and fiduciary advisors on regular audits and ongoing plan advisement
- Serve as primary liaison with company benefit brokers
- Provide ongoing benefits support for employees; act as the first point of contact for employee benefits inquiries - answering questions from the HR helpdesk and meeting with employees one-on-one as needed to resolve issues
- Manage the leaves of absences programs, in partnership with our vendor Tilt
- Lead the design and execution of maintaining competitive global benefit programs, which includes partnering with our benefits brokers to benchmark benefits to competitive landscape, explore new benefit offers, make recommendations for program changes and implement new benefit programs as applicable
- Support HR team projects and assignments as needed
- 5+ years in benefits specialist roles (CEBS certification a plus)
- Prior experience leading benefits strategy and consulting leadership on its impacts on broader HR and business goals
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements in the US and abroad (ACA, 5500 filings, state filings, state leave requirements)
- Strong knowledge of US benefits administration; international benefits experience in Ireland and Portugal a plus.
- Prior experience using Workday for benefits administration and open enrollment
- General knowledge of HR best practices and leaves of absence program management
- Customer service and solutions focused - “no job is too small” attitude
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Detail oriented and process driven
- Values and respects confidentiality
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
We hire talented and passionate people from different backgrounds across the organization. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t match with every bullet point outlined above, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. If you’re a creator at heart, are energized by our mission, and share our company values, we’d love to hear from you.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.
Something looks off?