Staff Site Reliability Engineer, GCP
📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is growing! We are hiring Staff Site Reliability Engineer with extensive Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience. In this role, you will lead the reliability, scalability, security & availability of our overall infrastructure. The ideal candidate is someone who loves learning and solving problems.
- Provide expert technical guidance and ongoing engineering design review to teams (ranging from 10-15 or 3 teams of 4, etc.)
- You will work on high-volume distributed systems (1.5 million requests per second)
- You will work on various cloud orchestration and configuration management technologies for deployment and orchestration for Kubernetes Clusters in GCP
- Maintain SLOs by building a metrics-driven operational culture standardizing our practices for logging, monitoring, alerting, and on-call practices
- Make iterative improvements to blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, and service recovery strategies
- Actively work with Engineering, Security, Quality, and Product teams to achieve high-priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability, and business-continuity objectives to the overall product roadmap
What we are looking for:
- Experience with cloud orchestration and configuration management technologies (Terraform, Crossplane, Pulumi)
- Experience with Kubernetes technologies. (GKE, Gitops, ArgoCD, Flux)
- Deep production level process and security experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Observability tools like Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Datadog
- Data intensive systems like Cassandra, Yugabyte, Redis, MongoDB, Postgres, Kafka, Pulsar, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Coding skills in Python, Java, Golang, Rust, Typescript etc.
- Experience with Capacity Planning and Demand Forecasting
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience
- CS Degree
- Prior speaking engagements on GCP topics
- Publications around GCP topics
- Previous startup experience
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1300+ other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.