Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Systems
📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is Growing! We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to build new product features that delight our customers. You will play a key role in guiding the future of our web application at Narvar by partnering with a cross-functional team including Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, and engineering leadership. You will lead process improvements that increase the velocity of the team, accelerating product development. As a Staff Engineer you will build a strong product-minded engineering culture by mentoring and guiding all levels of engineers.
- Own the architecture of new product platforms to drive business results and support extending existing ones.
- Implement scalable architecture and work on a committed team contributing to robust projects
- Write high-quality code that is modular, extendible and functional.
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the area of system design, coding, performance, and testing.
- Developing a highly concurrent and distributed system.
- Defining and developing architecture models and roadmaps of application and software components to meet business and technical requirements, driving common usability across products and domains
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders including Product, Design, Sales, and Engineering Leadership to help break down business requirements into actionable plans
- Mentoring junior engineers on design, coding, and troubleshooting.
What we're looking for
- BS/MS in from a tier-1 institutions (IIT, BITS, IIIT, NIT, DA-IICT, etc), or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in backend development/ end-end product development.
- Numerous years of hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise applications, integrations & data infrastructure
- You have experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems.
- You have experience with managing large, complex systems in the cloud
- You have proven track record in delivering efficient, scalable, reliable and maintainable customer facing systems on time
- You are not afraid to take initiative and help make an impact on the larger organization
- You have solid organizational and excellent communication skills at all levels and proven ability to articulate customer and technical requirements with all stakeholders.
- Deep hands-on expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala, Rust
- Extensive experience designing, building, and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and scaling relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or GCP
- Experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS or consumer-facing products
- Extensive experience with Containers and Kubernetes, CI/CD tools
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1300+ other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.