📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is Growing! We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. In this role, you will lead, design and build data pipelines and systems that can efficiently store, process, and analyze large and complex datasets.
Data products are at the heart of Narvar’s core business strategy and competitive advantage. The work you’ll do will impact Narvar’s whole business, our partners, and the lives of millions of consumers globally!
- Develop and implement data pipelines and systems that can handle large volumes of data
- Process TBs of data delivering actionable insights and intelligence using technologies such as Spark, Airflow, Google Pubsub, Pulsar, BigQuery, DBT.
- Collaborate with data scientists and other teams to integrate data into business processes and decision making
- Maintain and optimize existing data systems for costs, ease of access, and data governance
- Improve data quality by building any tooling, testing, and observability pipelines.
- Stay up to date with the latest advances in data engineering and implement new technologies as needed.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of experience working with Data Products
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- Proficiency with Java, Golang, Scala, or Python
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and data structures.
- Expert SQL skills.
- Hands-on experience building big data processing systems
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, NumPy etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience with Cloud technology stacks (e.g., GCP or AWS and their product offerings)
- You have dealt with large amounts of data in production and have built distributed data processing using frameworks like Spark, Hadoop, Apache Beam, or Flink
- Experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture, data lakes, and data modeling
- Experience with Data Ops and data reliability
- Experience with error handling, data validation, dbt models.
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1300+ other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?