Global Director, Technical Customer Support
📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is growing! We are hiring a global leader of the Technical Customer Support team who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in delivering world class service to our clients and also drive the strategic direction of the team to support our growing business.
You will be responsible for managing a highly effective team, meeting operational KPIs, and developing strategies to offer exceptional support across 1:1 and 1:many channels. You will work closely with customers and team members to gather invaluable insights and bring the customer voice back to cross-functional team members to improve our products and processes. We are looking for a leader, builder, and doer who can drive strategic direction with the ability to jump into the details to execute on those strategies alongside the team and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. This role reports to our Chief Customer Officer.
- Should have demonstrated success organisation wide success by delivering on key org goals
- Develop KPIs & OKRs to deliver on actionable insights for support teams across multiple time zones as well manage day-to-day support to improve team performance and quality customer interactions
- Act as a knowledgeable and influential partner with Product, Engineering, CS, PS, DevOps and IT to minimize operational support volume through access to information, diagnostic tools, and other automations
- Own and refine the incident management and escalation process including assignment of priority & severity, improved handoff, and ongoing updates on the status of incidents to client facing teams through resolution, post-mortems, and RCAs (This role will serve as the final escalation point for all customers)
- Develop the strategy and execution plan for a robust self-serve and knowledge management solution; provide network monitoring and post implementation support for simple/self-serve implementations
- Organize customer feedback for discussions with your leadership team and other stakeholders and bring strong recommendations for customer retention, improving CSAT and the overall customer experience
- Strategically organize the Global Technical Support team to align resources and talent to meet organizational goals; includes hiring, coaching, retaining, and building internal career development to retain exceptional talent
- Build strong client relationships externally and partnerships internally to meet Narvar’s goals of strong customer retention
- Responsible for growing and expanding the team as well as working on streamlining support processes such as KB and Portal adoption
What we’re looking for:
- You have 16-18 years of customer support experience out of which 2 years of experience in leading a global team in the Director capacity, preferably in the retail business or SaaS space.
- You have 15+ years in hiring, training, coaching, and retaining top talent, with experience managing global support teams.
- You have led Global Teams of of minimum 15-20 people
- You are a creative problem solver and passionate about digging into support details to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- You obsess over metrics - how to measure things, why performance trends the way they do, and then how to improve those things you measure.
- You are a leader who can build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively across all levels of an organization, internally and externally.
- Proficiency in technical support is preferred: solid understanding of relational database concepts, SQL query statements, Java/Python development knowledge, JSON and CSS, HTML, basic understanding of HTTP methods- GET vs POST, working with third party/external APIs.
- Proficiency in Zendesk is preferred.
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1300+ other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.