Senior Full-Stack Engineer
In 2019, Founder Zach Bell created a no-code website over a long weekend to make his two places available to a small circle of friends. His friends asked if they could add their homes and one thing led to another and that Squarespace site ended up on the cover of the travel section of NYT.
Thousands of folks started reaching out to see if they could access the site to share their homes with their own friends. At that moment we realized that many more people would make their houses available to their friends if they didn't have to offer them as public rentals. By connecting friends and private groups.
We know that sharing can change the world becuase it's real magic. Regardless of what you have, when you share you have more.
Read more about our philosophy on sharing here.
MyPlace is backed by top Silicon Valley VC's, angel investors who built Facebook, PayPal, and many of the companies that defined the internet. We’re growing, it’s happening and now we need you :
At MyPlace, you'll be joining a globally distributed fully remote team of entrepreneurs and industry experts who have successfully built and launched multiple companies and products over the years. Slack is home, Zoom is our living room, having strong WiFi is a necessity.We're building a movement around sharing, and the qualities we share include:
We are passionate about what we do. We are kind humans. Life's too short not to be. We are entrepreneurial in spirit, and are all self starters who help each other. We always maintain a positive and inquisitive outlook towards problems and are empathetic communicators. If there is a conflict, we talk about it and care about each other. We don’t accept discrimination of any kind and deeply respect each other's time. We plus each other's work, never critique.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
As a senior Full Stack Developer at MyPlace, your role will be to help us with both back and front end programming. You’ll be responsible for designing and developing front end web architectures, improving the responsiveness of web applications, and helping graphic designers with their work on our web design features. You’ll have the opportunity to foster a project from its initial conception all the way to the final product. MyPlace is on a mission to help you share your home with people you trust and currently facilitates the sharing of hundreds of private places globally.
- Translate UX designs into working code
- Developing and designing APIs
- Developing back-end web applications
- Developing front end web architecture
- 4+ years proficiency with Python and Django
- Knowledge of SQL databases and query optimization
- Experience building cross-platform optimization of web applications for mobile devices
MyPlace team members are also
- We are entrepreneurial in spirit and maintain a positive and inquisitive outlook towards problems.
- We are all self starters who help each other.
- We are empathetic and communicative, if something's up-we talk about it and care about each other.
- We are passionate about what we do. Life's too short not to be.
- We are naturally diverse and inclusive.
- We are kind humans.
- We respect each other's time and we plus each other's work.
- This is a FULL TIME position starting immediately.
- One month probationary period, competitive compensation.
- Fully remote work from wherever you want, ideal candidates, UK EU East Coast USA
- Local and nomadic insurance.
- Unlimited PTO.
- WFH stipend, quarterly, my place, co working trips to amazing locations around the world.
- We are fully built to support the lifestyle we enable as a product.