Community and Social Media Coordinator
In 2019, Founder Zach Bell created a no-code website over a long weekend to make his two places available to a small circle of friends. His friends asked if they could add their homes and one thing led to another and that Squarespace site ended up on the cover of the travel section of NYT.
Thousands of folks started reaching out to see if they could access the site to share their homes with their own friends. At that moment we realized that many more people would make their houses available to their friends if they didn't have to offer them as public rentals. By connecting friends and private groups.
We know that sharing can change the world becuase it's real magic. Regardless of what you have, when you share you have more.
Read more about our philosophy on sharing here.
MyPlace is backed by top Silicon Valley VC's, angel investors who built Facebook, PayPal, and many of the companies that defined the internet. We’re growing, it’s happening and now we need you :
At MyPlace, you'll be joining a globally distributed fully remote team of entrepreneurs and industry experts who have successfully built and launched multiple companies and products over the years. Slack is home, Zoom is our living room, having strong WiFi is a necessity.We're building a movement around sharing, and the qualities we share include:
We are passionate about what we do. We are kind humans. Life's too short not to be. We are entrepreneurial in spirit, and are all self starters who help each other. We always maintain a positive and inquisitive outlook towards problems and are empathetic communicators. If there is a conflict, we talk about it and care about each other. We don’t accept discrimination of any kind and deeply respect each other's time. We plus each other's work, never critique.
The Role: Community and Social Media Coordinator
Are you a funny, well spoken, well written storyteller passionate about Internet culture and eager to develop your career? We’re pioneering a global sharing movement based on real trust and human connection, and looking for an individual excited to help us grow with our team and amplify our digital presence.You will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for supporting all email, 1:1 user communications, social media, and external company communications. Your main focus will be to engage and grow our community.
If you are interested in this role, please write your best version of a "Welcome to MyPlace" new user email that a new user would get when they sign up. It should be clear, cute and something that makes the reader smile. The email should lead the new user to get excited about joining a culture and sharing with their friends.
- Experience creating content for social channels and newsletters.
- Passion for social media platforms and trends on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Passionate and open-minded about Internet culture and its ever-changing landscape
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Creative storyteller with knowledge of best practices and content types for each social platform, and able to distill content into bite-sized social media captions and images
- You’re comfortable taking direction while also thinking independently
- You’re critical thinking allows you to problem solve
- You possess a strong desire to learn and grow as an individual
- Working at an early stage startup excites you and you’re able to adapt easily and quickly to new roles and responsibilities as the company grows and evolves.
- With direction from the CEO, help manage overarching social media campaign strategy and execution including creative ideation
- Develop content as needed, and optimize for best performance on each social channel
- Create new content for the newsletter, social media and keep community FAQ up to date
- Using a deep understanding and sensitivity of Internet culture, find ways to harmoniously include MyPlace’s brand identity into that space to become noticed and widely circulated
- Build and maintain relationships with other content creators/influencers for strategic partnerships and manage deliverables
- Manage and maintain the needs of a fast growing, global community to increase engagement and retention
- This is a full-time position starting immediately, with a three month probationary period, competitive compensation.
- Work from wherever you want, ideal candidates, EU/USA or related time zones
- Local and nomadic insurance.
- Unlimited PTO.
- WFH stipend, quarterly co-working trips to amazing locations around the world. We last met up in Mexico City, Ibiza, San Francisco, Baja, and New York City.
- We are fully built to support the lifestyle we enable.