Sr. Manager, Auto Liability and Appraisal
Hey, we’re LOOP. We use predictive models and real-time driving data to create fair and equitable car insurance whilst eliminating biased and discriminatory factors—like credit scores, zip codes, and job titles—from the equation. We’re a mission, with a business.
We believe systemic injustice has no place in our financial systems. That’s why we only look at how and where you drive to give you a car insurance quote that you can feel great about.
Backed by top-tier VCs, institutional investors, and reinsurers who all believe in bringing change to this industry, we’re committed to giving back and being a force for good in the world so we can uplift the communities impacted by systemic injustice. To us, that’s what it means to Drive Good.
Our community, Members, and team are at the heart of who we are and why we do what we do. If you’re looking to join a dynamic bunch who are positive, engaging, and diverse… you’ve found the right place.
Systems being used
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about creating fiercely loyal customers when it matters most and developing adjusters who love coming to work. You’ll be an integral part of our fast growing claims operation and have the opportunity to put your thumbprint on the future of auto claims. If you’re tired of the status quo and want to be part of a forward thinking claims organization on the cutting edge of technology, we want to speak with you!
In this roll you will
- Provide leadership and direction to the claims team and internal/external partners
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels, high performance levels, and continuous improvement
- Assist with the development of standards and procedures for the claims organization
- Partner with the human resource department on recruiting efforts, resume review, interviewing, and hiring
- Partner with training and other departments to identify training needs and assist in developing and leading appropriate training programs
- Manage cost control (LAE), indemnity payment accuracy, and high customer service levels
- Review and establish adequate indemnity and expense reserves and review reserves regularly to ensure adequacy
- Ensure regulatory/legal and internal claims standards compliance
- Conduct regular claim file and open inventory reviews
- Organize and lead regular claim file accuracy and efficiency audits
- Review and respond to Department of Insurance, Better Business Bureau, and escalated customer inquiries
- Maintain a positive work environment for direct and indirect reporting staff
- Uphold our Core Values to the highest level and hold others to the same standard
- Interpret policy contacts and identify how coverage applies to a particular loss
- Resolve internal and external customer escalations
- Work with external partners to ensure our customers receive a high level of efficient and effective service
- 8+ years auto claims experience
- 4+ years experience in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-managed, highly motivated, and confident
- Able to work well under deadlines in a high paced, changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of state insurance regulations and laws
- Active Adjuster License
- Experienced in digital direct to consumer type carriers
- This position is for full time, remote work, with the option to work out of our HQ in Austin, TX
- $112,000 - $140,000 Salary ranges are used in good faith, depends on experience and are subject to change
- Employee Stock Options
- Health and Dental Benefits
- 401K with dollar for dollar match up to 5%
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Unlimited PTO
To apply, please fill out the webform with your contact information and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.