Senior Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Product Manager
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our seven company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, Positive & Optimistic and Customer Obsessed. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is leading the creation of a next generation solution for the Customer Service category. This huge category has been relatively dormant for the last decade, but is now undergoing transformational change due to advancements in Messaging, Automation, and AI. Our product has been leading this transformation, and is now maturing to a point where we believe we can win the category, by continuing to innovate and mature the product, but also take our story to market in a way that inspires and educates businesses about a new and better way to support customers and create great customer experiences.
As our Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Product Manager, you’ll drive the evolution of our website and take ownership of analytics and experimentation across our entire website. You’ll also work in partnership with the product manager for the website experience, supporting wider web work as needed. Our website is the primary way people learn about Intercom, whether through exploration and return visits, going on to sign up by themselves, or getting in touch with our sales team to help. Our website is a cornerstone of our brand, and what we believe about the world. In an increasingly product led world, our website is becoming more and more important.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll perform in-depth analysis of the website and be data and detail focused
- You’ll partner with Web leader to build out the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects that align to Intercom’s strategic goals
- You’ll lead testing and experimentation efforts and execute A/B tests aimed at optimizing various elements of the website.
- You’ll report on the progress of CRO initiatives understanding the overall impact they have on the funnel
- You’ll deeply understand the problems that you’re tackling; define and frame those problems for the team
- You’ll develop and test hypotheses to address these problems through experiments. Then ship validated solutions to visitors as early as you can
- You will create and communicate roadmap and project status updates across the team and the business
- You’ll own website analytics. You’ll oversee the key metrics we monitor, how we report on them, and ensure we have a robust implementation in place
- You’ll pick up ad hoc website change requests, partnering with legal, product marketing, or marketing teams
- Execute on product roadmap and product delivery work and align with cross functional teams to ensure world class delivery.
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience in managing CRO functions in the B2B SaaS sector with a proven track record of driving KPIs through robust experimentation practice
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesise data to form decisions.
- You are a structured, logical thinker and communicator. You bring clarity to the complex, and can clearly communicate your thinking to bring wide shared understanding.
- You work with people to bridge the gaps across teams and offices and your communication skills are second to none. You have a track record of managing cross functional stakeholders and building alignment.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively, analytically, and executionally.
- You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You’re organised, not ad hoc. You love bringing clarity and structure to a complex space
- You have experience working with both qualitative research, and quantitative data, to inform decisions.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.