Finance Systems Lead
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Enterprise Systems at Intercom is the organization that enables us to operate to the standards of a high-performing, high-growth, scalable company.
Intercom is seeking an experienced, curious and motivated Finance Systems Lead to join our growing Enterprise Systems team. Serving as a key strategic partner to our Revenue Accounting, Finance, Billing, and Engineering stakeholders, this individual will play a critical role in maintaining and scaling our accounting, revenue and billing systems tech stack, which includes NetSuite, Zuora, Stripe, and Tesorio. You will collaborate with teams across the entire company to ensure that efficiency and scalability are delivered systematically during our Quote-to-Cash digital transformation process.
The ideal candidate has experience managing, enhancing, and supporting NetSuite, Stripe, ARM and other revenue automation tools, combined with a strong understanding of subscription based business operations and SaaS order to cash operations and metrics such as ARR, Churn, CAC, Net Revenue Retention and LTV. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and self-directed individual to support this highly visible and impactful company initiative
We currently operate in a hybrid working model and we are open to our San Francisco, Chicago, and Dublin, Ireland locations.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with Billing, Revenue, Accounting and Engineering stakeholders to support the delivery of scalable architectural design and solutions
- Serve as Intercom’s internal Admin and the primary point of contact for Zuora, Tesorio and Stripe support
- Respond to user application issues and enhancement requests in accordance to defined SLAs
- Maintain and continually enhance Accounting, OTC and revenue systems to meet ever-changing requirements including completing complex configuration, building and maintaining workflows, integrations, reports and dashboards, user roles, and other similar tasks
- Work with stakeholders to capture business requirements and translate them into impactful and scalable solutions to scale the Order-to-Cash tech stack
- Work with vendor support organizations as appropriate to support internal teams
- Support system implementation and optimization projects, and regression testing for scheduled system releases
- Create systems documentation, including architectural design documentation, business requirements documents, functional design documents, user manuals, test scripts and training materials
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills relating to your functional domain to make relevant and impactful recommendations for process, service improvements, and efficiencies
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as needed
What skills do I need? 📖
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting and administering Accounting, Revenue and Billing systems
- Experience with Netsuite, including Advanced Revenue Management
- Experience contributing to and executing against a defined system roadmap to achieve process improvement and system automation goals
- Thorough understanding of the Accounting, Quote-to-Cash business processes, from sales quoting to revenue recognition and cash application
- Familiarity with CPQ tools and how they integrate with Zuora/ Stripe
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies as they become available
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to effectively balance multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to maintain confidentiality and build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience with Stripe Billing
- Strong understanding of Salesforce, CPQ
- Previous experience in high tech industry in a similar role
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.