Content Marketing Specialist
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom we believe in the power of producing quality content to grow our business. Over the past decade Intercom has built a reputation for publishing some of the most thoughtful and insightful content in the software industry with our blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, guides, and social media content. Those publications have also generated thousands of new leads for Intercom. We’re now looking for an Editor to join our team in Dublin and help us take our content marketing to the next level.
You will contribute to our flagship Intercom blog and newsletters, which are recognized in the industry as a go-to source of invaluable information on customer service, AI, product and design. You’ll also work on content for our social channels, podcasts, gated content such as books and guides, and a range of other projects that will help attract potential customers to Intercom.
We don’t do content marketing in the usual formulaic and boring way. We strive to publish articles, record podcasts and write books of the highest quality possible, that our readers will find interesting and valuable.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As Editor you will:
- Create high-quality content for our newsletters, blog, and social media channels.
- Own the production of our regular newsletters, and find innovative ways to promote them to grow our audience.
- Produce compelling keyword-focused content to generate organic search traffic.
- Supporting the editorial production process – from proofreading copy to writing headlines to preparing visual assets.
- Help colleagues from teams around Intercom effectively share their knowledge and insights through a variety of media.
- You’ll optimize our processes so that we continue to produce high quality content as efficiently as possible.
- You will help devise and implement strategies sharing our content far and wide. You’ll have creative ideas about how we can grow our audience through novel distribution and promotion tactics.
What skills do I need? 📖
You need excellent writing and editing skills, an enthusiasm for digital marketing and an interest in how software is changing the world.
We’d also like you to have:
- At least three years professional experience, with at least two in a writing/editing/creator role.
- Skills in newsletter promotion and social media content production.
- Experience with content production tools such as the following:
- CRMs (eg Wordpress)
- Google Analytics
- SEO tools (eg AHRefs)
- Audience research tools (eg Sparktoro)
- Email marketing tools (eg Marketo or Mailchimp)
- Design and image editing software (eg Figma)
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we also offer Windows for certain roles when needed.
* Proof of eligibility to work in Ireland is required.
If you’d like to find out more about the role first, get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org - we’ll be happy to chat :)
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.