IT Specialist (Onsite)
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The role of Team-IT at Intercom is to offer outstanding IT experience by providing efficient and productive support in our San Francisco, Chicago, London, and Dublin offices. We directly support Audio & Video conferencing systems, troubleshoot and resolve issues with hardware, software, and third-party tools. We manage all user access and provisioning while maintaining and strengthening a robust infrastructure to reinforce and build better efficiency. We also manage a complex stack of applications and their integrations while practicing heavy awareness and care for security.We have a very cohesive team that is consistently raising the bar for IT excellence in our industry. We always step up and make the most out of opportunities to better the IT needs of Intercom. Now is the time, more than ever, to make sure our employees and Intercom are well taken care of and happy with their tech needs.
Note: this role is required to be in-office in our 2nd Street San Francisco office 5 days per week.
What will I be doing? 🚀
At Intercom, you will be working with a team and be the frontrunner for all end-user support. You will be in charge of account provisioning and de provisioning, onboarding and off boarding, and maintaining the stack of applications and their integrations contained within our environment. You will be working heavily in the Jamf, Okta, Intune, and GitHub environments, coming up with ideas on management and organization within them, and their basic troubleshooting. You will be coming up with and documenting processes for how we work and supporting our end-users. You will also be contributing to the maturity process of the team as a whole while managing your work projects. We are expecting impactful work from a motivated individual that wants the best for oneself and one's team.
What skills do I need? 📖
- College level degree in the relevant field or experience to make up for lack thereof.
- You love helping people and working with a team.
- Ability to solve hardware and software problems while also implementing/documenting ways or processes to avoid them in the future.
- Experience with Audio/Video and Video Conference systems across our offices. This includes technologies like Google Hangouts and hardware like TVs, projectors, speakers, microphones, cameras, etc. and assist employees in getting the most out of them.
- Experience in hosting productivity and communications applications (GSuite, for example) and the ability to train and help employees on their use. Also experience in the implementation, management, and use of SSO, 2FA, and MDM technology (Okta, Duo, JAMF, etc...) in an enterprise environment.
- Lastly, you must possess a wonderful passion for what you do, eager to learn and improve, and excited about technology and the future of the Internet and IT. With the ambition to be part of the best IT team in the industry.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Relevant certifications (Casper/JAMF certs, A+, Network+, Okta Admin, AWS certs, etc…)
- Cloud-heavy infrastructure experience
- Buildout experience
- GitHub knowledge
- Automation w/ Okta Workflows, BetterCloud, etc…
- Scripting knowledge
- Slack admin knowledge
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $70,600.00 - $95,500.00. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.