Corporate FP&A Expense Lead
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
The Corporate Finance team is a critical partner to the CFO and VP of Finance to help drive visibility across the business and inform critical decisions and actions. The Corporate Finance Expense and G&A Partner role has two key responsibilities:
a] Understand and communicate how intercom allocates capital and
b] Partner with the G&A leadership team (including CFO and CHRO)
In this role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate analytical excellence and critical thinking across a range of objects such as optimizing vendor spend, maintaining the source of truth on headcount data, forecasting cash burn from expenses and benchmarking our expense profile.
You will partner with finance partners across R&D and GTM to provide Finance leadership with a fully informed perspective on expenses and help the company optimize spending.
You are highly analytical and proactive, with a strong executive presence to influence and work cross-functionally, and are able to add value to both strategic and operational pieces of work.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a high paced FP&A organization at an exciting B2B SaaS leader in the Customer Service space.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Coordinate expense forecasting and reporting across FP&A business partners
- Through deep analytics and critical thinking help establish FP&A as an insights powerhouse with our business partners in the CFO and CHRO organizations
- Actively identify and pursue opportunities to optimize expenses through activities such as benchmarking or vendor contract negotiations
- Develop and manage highly accurate forecasting models to predict GAAP revenues and customer cash receipts
- Improve FP&A data, models and processes to drive forecasting accuracy and continually reduce the margin of error
- Help mature and the FP&A function to become proactive, predictive and insight oriented, enabling our business leaders to make strategic decisions and grow our business
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years of relevant experience in FP&A
- Annual planning experience, preferably at a high-tech or enterprise software company
- Experience in acting as Finance business partner to C-level executives
- Comfortable with writing Executive and Board quality slide decks
- Comfortable with data and ambiguity
- Able to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics, develop insights and communicate clearly and succinctly to a different audiences
- Highly adept in Google Sheets, Excel and Google Slides
- Prior experience in FP&A required; Management Consulting or Banking experience preferred
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $141,800 - $191,800. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.