Sales Development Representative
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Sales Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for Intercom Sales by engaging with prospects and customers to help them understand the value of Intercom, and moving them forward in the sales process. As Intercom's first point of contact you’ll play a monumental role in showcasing the Intercom brand! This is done by creating an impactful first impression and building momentum for not only the sales team, but the company as a whole. We’re creating a world-class sales organization, and are so excited you are interested in being an integral part of that!
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. When joining the Sales Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in your future as a power-house closer! We're looking for folks dedicated to their development, excited to work in a fast moving environment, and strive to be better than they were yesterday.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Engaging with potential and current customers to assess mutual fit (via Intercom Inbox, phone, email & Linkedin)
- Multi-tasking fast paced conversations while maintaining an engaging and positive experience for Intercom’s potential customers
- Working closely with Account Executives to build pipeline and drive deals
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and the value we can provide our customers
- Working with cross-functional partners to continuously better our workflows
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 📖
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional listening skills & the ability to take quick action on what you’ve learned
- Strong organization and time management
- Intellectual curiosity and problem solving
- Collaborative and coachable
- Highly motivated and self-driven
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 0-3 years of work experience (Sales and/ SaaS experience is a +)
- Familiarity with these systems and tools - SFDC, Outreach, Chilipiper, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Gong, Vidu, Google Suite
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.