Principal GTM Finance Partner
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a curious and motivated person to join the FP&A GTM team in San Francisco. Serving as a key strategic partner to our Global Sales and Finance leadership teams, this individual will play a leading role in developing reporting and insights to help us hit our topline and bottom line targets, assist in the planning process and lead other FP&A ad hoc analyses in support of the Finance team. As a Principal you’ll collaborate with teams across the entire company, and have the opportunity to inform and influence key strategic decisions.
A Finance principal at Intercom will develop a strong understanding of subscription based businesses and SaaS metrics such as ARR, Churn, CAC, Net Revenue Retention, Sales Efficiency, and LTV. Additionally, you will play a key role in helping build the foundation for developing actionable insights to take our company to the next level.
This is a great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing company.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Build relationships with senior leaders throughout the Sales organization and provide support to help the team meet and exceed their goals
- Own monthly and quarterly Sales performance model and Tableau Dashboards, prepare regular updates on performance vs. plan and vs. historical data
- Own a detailed top-line modeling (New and Existing ARR) by different sales channel, region, and customer segment. This includes the full funnel from visits to closed-won.
- Investigate variances by sales channel, region and customer segment to identify trends
- Partner closely with our Marketing and Corporate Finance team in aligning on our Company forecast and performance trends
- Partner closely with Sales Operations on capacity planning and compensation design (quota carrying reps)
- Dive deep into cohort level performance to understand drivers of performance and assist our product, marketing and sales teams at identifying areas of growth
- Perform Quarterly reports on S&M efficiency, including LTV/CAC, magic number and payback period analyses
- Benchmark our growth and financial metrics to comparables in the industry
- Dive into the metrics and data of interest to you and share your findings
- Senior level individual contributor position
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven track record of delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- Experience building cross functional relationships and partnering with senior leaders
- BA or BS/MS degree with strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a quantitative, finance role with experience analyzing common SaaS reporting metrics and owning top-line forecasting (ARR, Revenue)
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets, Salesforce, Tableau, and SQL
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $172,600 - $233,500. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.