GTM Finance Lead
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a hardworking, curious and motivated analyst to join the FP&A team. This individual would work across the organization to help develop and hit our topline and bottom line targets, assisting in the planning process and month-to-month reporting. As an analyst you’d work closely with the heads of each department, and have the opportunity to inform and influence key strategic financial decisions. Additionally, you would assist in other FP&A ad hoc analyses and transitions in support of the finance team.
A senior financial analyst at Intercom will develop a strong understanding of subscription based businesses and SaaS metrics such as MRR, Churn, CAC, and LTV. Additionally, you should have some familiarity with how to read a P&L, and an ability to understand and synthesize public company financials.
This is a great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a quickly growing company. Apply if you are hungry to take ownership over your work, and excited by what Intercom is trying to achieve.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Work as a key business partner across Go-to-Market (GTM) functions to help them make tradeoffs and decisions around spending and investment
- Develop predictive financial models to support organizational decision-making
- Dive deep into GTM key efficiency metrics (cohort level performance) to understand drivers of performance and assist our product, marketing and sales teams at identifying areas of growth
- Dive into the metrics and data of interest to you and share your findings
- Benchmark our growth and financial metrics to comparables in the industry
- Own weekly top-line performance model, preparing regular updates on performance vs. plan and vs. historical data
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven track record of delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- BA or BS/MS degree with strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a quantitative, finance role, sales/marketing operation role with experience forecasting top-line (ARR, Revenue)
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Proficient in Excel and G-suite
- Proficient in SQL
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.