Senior CPQ Configuration Specialist
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The GTM Systems team within the Business Systems group is well-positioned to drive real impact in supporting our Go To Market teams - to set us up to do business the way our customers demand, to create seamless employee experiences that make it easier to delight our customers, to coordinate the changes we make that create impact across the organization, to build a world class ability to enable our business partners, and so much more.
As the Sr. Salesforce (CPQ) Admin, you will be responsible for creating custom solutions to simplify and where possible, automate the quote-to-cash processes in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for building highly scalable, effective, user-experience driven solutions that enable iterative usage-based pricing and packaging models that minimize time to orderability and deals to close faster. We are looking for a highly talented and energetic Sr. Salesforce CPQ Admin with a mastery of Salesforce CPQ that can help manage our product catalog and streamline our quote-to-cash processes.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage the CPQ infrastructure that supports our product catalog used for quoting and order creation including product and pricing rules, order templates, e-signature integrations, approvals and discount matrices.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to implement and maintain our product catalog and Quote to Cash integrations in order to bring automation and optimization to our Sales and Accounting teams.
- Implement processes and controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley financial and ITGC requirements.
- Perform independent peer reviews and certify code developed by other team members
- Follow Salesforce development best practices and guidelines in implementing solutions and test cases, without creating technical debt and maintaining security in the application
- Partner with the Engineering team to develop custom applications and perform testing using Salesforce Apex and Visualforce.
- Partner with Business Systems Analysts to understand business requirements in order to build solutions that meet the needs of the Pricing and Packaging, legal, Deal Desk, Sales Ops, and Accounting teams.
- Uplevel the skillset of the Business System team’s CPQ capabilities through knowledge transfer, thorough documentation, and demonstrating solutions to other members of the team.
- Participate in change management activities (UAT, training, communications, business readiness etc.) supporting program rollouts in partnership with Sales Operations and other business operation teams.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 7+ Years of Salesforce Administration including at least 5 years implementing, managing, and maintaining Salesforce CPQ/Steelbrick in various
- Mastery of Salesforce CPQ capabilities to support usage-based, subscription, and one-time fees, including complex product and pricing rules, multi-dimensional quoting, and custom pricing models.
- Experience working in a public company managing Quote to Cash audit processes related to the product catalog and discount approval processes.
- Experience with financial systems (Zuora, Netsuite) is a plus
- Familiarity with the following: Salesforce Developer Console / Workbench / API Tooling (REST preferred), Visual Workflow, and other development tools
- Experience with integrating 3rd-party APIs with the Salesforce platform
- Expertise with standard Salesforce Administration and no/low-code development capabilities: configuration, standard/custom data models, security, and automations such as validation rules, workflows, and event-based frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of the constraints of Salesforce platform and how to build around them, particularly with regards to governor limits and best practices in delivering business requirements in the context of those constraints
- Experience with GitHub-based CI/CD and deployment techniques (such as Gearset) in Salesforce
- Experience with the Salesforce Security Model
- Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture, including modern integration technologies like Workato.
- Enthusiasm in startup culture and learning fast!
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.