Senior Sales Enablement Manager
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom’s Global Sales Organization is continuing to grow and the GTM Enablement & Programs team is evolving to support this growth. The team owns the foundations of sales excellence at Intercom, delivering high-impact programs & plays that drive success for our customer-facing roles, value for our customers, and results for Intercom.
As Senior Enablement Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with senior sales leadership to fulfill our team vision to transform Sales into customer-centric ambassadors of Intercom’s value. As such, you will develop and deliver enablement & programs for our EMEA business across all segments (new and existing business). You will have the opportunity to help us shape how we deliver best-in-class enablement around the globe.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who loves breaking down a challenge and translating it into a program that drives impact at scale. As this role requires cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Sales Ops, Marketing Ops, Demand Gen, Sales Leadership, and Product, excellent stakeholder and change management skills will be crucial.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Reporting to the Director of Go-to-Market Enablement & Programs, you will own and drive Intercom’s enablement activities and programs in EMEA. You’ll be responsible for:
- Consulting with key stakeholders;
- Scoping skill and knowledge gaps and enablement requests;
- Designing, developing,, and delivering programs utilizing blended learning methods;
- Designing, developing, and executing sustainment initiatives to ensure training pull-through and ROI;
- Facilitating training sessions (in-person and virtual);
- Setting program goals, measuring results, and celebrating success;
- Managing programs end-to-end and enhancing our operations through process improvements;
- Devising experiments (learning design, delivery, etc.) that innovate GTM Enablement, broadly speaking;
- Onboarding new ICs in EMEA across all customer-facing roles.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Minimum 3 years experience in a sales enablement role aligned to sales leadership stakeholders
- Well-honed problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Successful track record of building and delivering scaled learning programs to upskill sales IC roles
- Experience enabling front-line managers on leadership skills and coaching & development
- Learning design acumen
- Group facilitation skills–running workshops, role plays, and hands-on learning activities
- Ability to proactively manage multiple business stakeholders and work with all seniority levels across the business
- A basic understanding of GDPR data and communication policies
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) and presentation skills
- Positivity and willingness to engage in continuous learning to benefit the team
- Experience in direct sales with a Product-led Sales focus
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we also offer Windows for certain roles when needed.
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.