Senior Product Manager - Team Billing
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom the Monetisation Platform Group is responsible for the foundations of our revenue growth as well as delivering a fair, transparent pricing and an exceptional purchase and billing experience for our customers. In 2024 we will take on a company level objective to help Intercom reinvent how our customers purchase, use and pay for Intercom. To achieve this, we will execute a number of initiatives with work required across R&D, Growth, Finance, Sales and Marketing.
Within the Monetization Platform Group, our Billing Team owns Intercom’s subscription management systems and data, which are at the heart of how we package, price, sell and manage all of the products and services that we build. These systems accelerate the efficiency of our Go To Market teams, enable faster growth of our business and deliver a great customer experience.
As a Senior Product Manager for the Billing Team, you will own the strategy around how we grow and evolve our subscription management systems and data. You will partner closely across the org,particularly with Finance, Growth, and Monetization, to define the system’s features and capabilities - creating the next generation of our core monetization infrastructure..
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with internal stakeholders and customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- You’ll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in beta’s and after full release.
- You’ll own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- Multiple years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful products.
- Ideally, you have experience working with billing systems and/or monetization teams. You understand how billing and monetization interact with finance and other business systems.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive. You are excellent at stakeholder management.
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you're self-driven.
- You’re organised, not ad hoc.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.