People Systems Analyst - Workday
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
It’s an exciting time to join the People Systems Team - we are rebuilding how we utilise our people systems. We are committed to continuous improvement, identifying opportunities around employee experience, optimising engagement and becoming deeply aligned with business priorities.
In this position, you will partner with People teams and Business Leaders across Intercom to measure new initiatives and make recommendations around People Systems usage and strategy. In addition to being experienced technically, we’re looking for someone who can proactively surface recommendations and insights, who's comfortable prioritising work across multiple stakeholders, and who can work across our technology stack in order to solve problems.
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented People Systems Administrator with expertise in Workday to join our dynamic People Systems Team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and administration of the Workday platform, ensuring its optimal functionality to support HR processes and initiatives. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Configure and maintain Workday modules based on HR policies, business processes, and organisational requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and implement system changes that align with business needs.
- Provide end-user support, troubleshooting, and issue resolution for Workday-related queries.
- Conduct training sessions for People team and end-users to ensure effective system utilisation.
- Manage integrations between Workday and other People-related systems, ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Collaborate with IT teams to implement and test new integrations and system updates.
Reporting and Analytics:
- Develop and generate custom reports and dashboards to support the People Insights team.
Security and Compliance:
- Implement and maintain security protocols, roles, and permissions within Workday to ensure data confidentiality and compliance.
- Stay updated on Workday updates and industry best practices to enhance system security and compliance.
System Upgrades and Enhancements:
- Manage Workday system upgrades, testing, and deployment, ensuring minimal disruption to daily operations.
- Evaluate new features and functionalities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of HR processes.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven experience as a Workday Administrator or in a similar role (3+ years).
- Workday certification is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of HR processes and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience with other HRIS platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity with Workday Studio and Report Writer.
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Information Systems, or a related field.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $111,300 - $150,500 USD. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.