Senior Program Manager, Strategic Programs (12 Month Contract)
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Senior Program Manager to join the Strategic Program Management team in Dublin. This team is responsible for defining how to deliver and successfully execute our most strategic company objectives. You’ll partner with executive leadership to define and bring to life complex, large-scale programs of work across all teams and orgs at Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with company leadership to define programs of work that enable us to hit Intercom’s highest priority company objectives
- Define and prioritize initiatives as well as the roles and responsibilities needed to execute
- Capture open questions and work cross functionally to drive out appropriate action plans to drive to resolution
- Put durable structures in place to set these complex, highly visible, cross-functional objectives up for success
- Partner with execs, VPs, directors, managers and individuals across all orgs to drive Intercom’s company objective’s successful execution
- Identify and track key objective milestones, ensuring progress and accountability - work with objective owners and other key stakeholders to keep programs moving and on track
- Understand and communicate initiative and Objective status, issues, dependencies and risks to executives and other objective stakeholders
- Proactively identify program risks, mitigate and escalate where appropriate
- Facilitate decision-making by identifying key stakeholders and surfacing the information needed to make critical decisions, often cross functionally
- Set best practices when it comes to how we work, and be able to communicate it clearly across all disciplines
- Live our company values and become a values role-model for the team and those you work with
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 7+ years of experience in either product, marketing, design, agency or web, driving large, complex, cross-functional, multi-location programs or projects (preferably within SaaS B2B)
- You have experience working directly with Executive leadership, and are able to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership with gravitas
- You demonstrate a high degree of ownership and accountability, and are able to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables in an ambiguous and fast paced environment
- You have a strong business sense and can quickly understand risks/opportunities that will likely lead to a good outcome
- You are solutions oriented and proactive when it comes to taking action to solve problems and mitigate risks
- You have strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills and are comfortable and excited to work side-by-side with execs and company leaders
- You’re an excellent self-starter with a track record of seamless execution on complex programs with minimal guidance
- You are able to communicate effectively via various media and to different audiences, with experience preparing executive-level communications
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we also offer Windows for certain roles when needed.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.