Sales Development Representative
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Sales Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for Intercom Sales by engaging with prospects and customers to help them understand the value of Intercom, and moving them forward in the sales process. As Intercom's first point of contact you’ll play a monumental role in showcasing the Intercom brand! This is done by creating an impactful first impression and building momentum for not only the sales team, but the company as a whole. We’re creating a world-class sales organization, and are so excited you are interested in being an integral part of that!
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. When joining the Sales Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in your future as a power-house closer! We're looking for folks dedicated to their development, excited to work in a fast moving environment, and strive to be better than they were yesterday.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Engaging with potential and current customers to assess mutual fit
- Via Intercom Inbox, phone, email & Linkedin
- Multi-tasking fast paced conversations while maintaining an engaging and positive experience for Intercom’s potential customers
- Working closely with Account Executives to build pipeline and drive deals
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and the value we can provide our customers
- Working with cross-functional partners to continuously better our workflows
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 📖
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional listening skills & the ability to take quick action on what you’ve learned
- Strong organization and time management
- Intellectual curiosity and problem solving
- Collaborative and coachable
- Highly motivated and self-driven
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 0-3 years of work experience (Sales and/ SaaS experience is a +)
- Familiarity with these systems and tools - SFDC, Outreach, Chilipiper, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Gong, Vidu, Google Suite
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.