Customer Success Manager
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Your opportunity is to join a dynamic global team of Customer Success Managers at Intercom.
In this role you’ll work with a wide variety of customers, acting as an expert point of contact for all things product - helping them implement Intercom’s suite of tools in a way that solves their business’ biggest problems.
You’ll work with these accounts across different customer segments in a high-touch and one-to-many manner - using technology alongside face to face meetings to deliver the best possible experience to our most important customers.
You will also be uniquely positioned to design and implement new processes that will help the entire Intercom Success org deliver more value to our customers.
If you want to help make business personal for our biggest customers, and you want to work with an ever growing and changing team, you’ll find a home as a Customer Success Manager at Intercom.
We currently operate in a hybrid working model and have offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Dublin, London and Sydney.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll engage with customers with a goal of driving deep product activation
- You’ll leverage high-touch and one-to-many tactics to drive positive outcomes
- You’ll develop, test, and iterate on scaled playbooks and engagement strategies
- You’ll be in charge of running implementation projects with your customers
- You’ll partner closely with Sales to drive the best customer experience possible
- You’ll be deeply involved in shaping what Customer Success looks like at Intercom
- You’ll work closely with R&D, acting as an internal spokesperson for our customers
- On occasion you'll travel for face to face meetings with your customers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years experience working in a customer-facing organization
- A proven track record of adding real value at a dynamic and fast growth company
- Ability to understand and communicate complex problems clearly and concisely to different audiences
- Self-motivating and entrepreneurial team player
- A keen interest in designing, developing and sending content to customers
- Experience building lasting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Experience setting up and using SaaS products
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience using Intercom
- Previous experience in Support, Sales Engineering, Consulting
- Great examples of self started projects
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.