Technical Enablement Manager
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the Opportunity? 🤔
Intercom's Global Go-to-Market (GTM) Enablement team’s mission is to provide world-class enablement programs that empower Intercom’s customer facing teams to lead value based conversations and interactions.
As a Technical Enablement Manager, you’ll support a highly innovative and fast paced environment that aims to prepare GTM teams with the knowledge and skills needed to do their best work. You’ll be responsible for designing, creating and delivering continuous learning programs to educate customer-facing teams on Intercom products, so that they can lead conversations with prospective buyers and customers. We’re looking for an experienced professional to join our team to help shape how we deliver best-in-class enablement.
The role requires excellent communication and organization skills, along with a capacity to understand software products and integrations. Additionally, effective cross-functional collaboration with the Go-to-Market Enablement team members, Product Marketing Managers, Sales Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Professional Services Customer Onboarding Specialists, and leaders of those departments will be essential for the success of this role.
What I Will Be Doing? 🚀
Reporting to the Director of Global Go-to-Marker Enablement, you will own and drive all of Intercom’s Global Technical Enablement activities, curriculum and programs for North America, EMEA and APAC. Responsibilities include:
- Scope, design and develop curriculum to educate customer-facing teams on Intercom products and new product releases.
- Work cross-functionally to create enablement content for mid to late stage sales activities, such as Technical Discovery, Demo and Proof of Concept, as well as post-sales activities such as Implementation and Adoption.
- Scope enablement requests to assess the right learning and communication approach
- Use your knowledge of Enablement and the Sales cycle to define key focus areas to make the biggest impact in revenue
- Design and deliver training/learning programs that support a globally distributed learning audience (in-person, remote and self-paced learning approaches)
- Build strong relationships with Go-to-Market Enablement team, as well as Solutions team leaders, to support the business’ short term and long term needs
- Work with leadership to scope and support change management for sales cycle processes that involve the Solutions teams
- Support Integration Partnerships by developing content and resources to help drive adoption of Intercom
What Skills Do I Need? 📖
- 8-10 years experience in Technical Sales Enablement, and / or Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer, or technical Customer Success Manager roles in a B2B software organization.
- Technical acumen with an understanding of technical concepts such as Single Sign On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage and data integration especially RESTful APIs
- A track record for creating innovative enablement ideas to increase customer retention and product adoption
- Experience scoping, designing, creating, and delivering learning curriculum, both in-person and virtually
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal; active listener
- Ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships, including senior leadership
- A solid understanding of software selling and buying cycles
- An intuitive sense for chunking, sequencing and layering (taking complex or large volumes of information and delivering the right information, in the right way, at the right time)
- Knack and comfort of working collaboratively with global teams
- Experience with Intercom is a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
We currently operate in a hybrid working model and have offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Dublin, London and Sydney.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.