Senior Pricing Analyst
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a Senior Pricing Analyst to help scale our Monetization team. This team leads pricing and packaging efforts across all of Intercom’s new and existing products and services. You will assist on complex projects, incorporating customer insights, company strategy, quantitative analysis, and stakeholder management. You will collaborate with leaders from product, marketing, sales, and finance to lead research, develop recommendations, run experiments, and launch new products - ultimately helping Intercom continue to grow.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Assist with Pricing and Packaging projects, with particular focus on existing products, services, metrics, and levers, through experimentation, customer research, and collaboration with sales teams
- Operationalize and improve the product launch and monetization process, in collaboration with Product Marketing, Business Operations, R&D and Product
- Analyze opportunities for new pricing, packaging and bundling strategies that will contribute to our strategic goals and revenue growth
- Create competitive pricing analysis, pricing research, and other relevant analyses to inform pricing recommendations
- Collaborate with our research and data science teams to develop standardized, repeatable monetization reports to uncover key trends, performance, issues, behaviors, and metrics
- Propose experiments and research projects to optimize our monetization strategy
What skills do I need? 📖
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience; MBA preferred but not required.
- 4+ years of experience in developing pricing and packaging, marketing SaaS products, management consulting or related field
- Excellent organization and project management skills, able to demonstrate experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple, competing priorities.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking, with demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Able to effectively communicate and influence across all levels: within the team, to cross-functional partners, leadership, and executives.
- Strong research abilities, with experience performing customer segmentation, price elasticity analysis, competitive intelligence, and ROI analysis.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience with pricing experiments like Van Westendorp, Gabor-Granger, and conjoint analysis.
- Familiarity with quantitative tools such SQL, Excel and Tableau
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
Our preference is to hire someone in Dublin (office) or London (office). However, we may consider fully remote ( USA East Coast preferred) for the right candidate.
The base salary range for this role is targeted at $100,500-$136,000 in Colorado and most remote locations in the U.S., and $118,000-$160,000 for the San Francisco Bay Area and New York. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in California, New York and Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of those locations as well.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.